Power Commander with Slip on??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Default RE: Power Commander with Slip on??

So, I am not into an argument, but how does the stock ecu know the difference between an opened up exhaust and an high flow air filter?

Most motorcycles rely on throttle position (tps) and rpm to determine the proper air/ fuel ratio. I am not knocking that your bike does not run well, I am just saying with the aid of a PCIII that it will run better and perhaps give you more mpg. to boot. The PCIII is not a cure all, but it does what it is suppost to do and that is to maximize your engine performance by correcting the air/fuel ratio at a given rpm and throttle opening. The PCIII maps on their site will get you close, but the only way to get it on the money is to have the bike dynoed at a Powercommander dyno center. No two bikes are exact and will require a slightly different map.

Mike

Old 01-07-2006, 07:21 AM

Thanks for all the adive fellas. Good cross section of feedback.

So I decided to get it. I figured I can afford it and it's only going to help. So ... why the hell not.

So now my next question. The Power Commander website doesnt make a map for my Yoshimura slip. I know you can use a map from a different exhaust, But what if I want a map for my exhaust? Where can I get it? I dont want to pay someone $200 for something I can fine tune myself over time I just need one to get me started. Thanks for all the help and advice fellas.

Gotrice: Yes, it is a '05-'06 636 PC.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: hookedon636

I have the Yoshi but I also have a K&N air filter so I went ahead and bought a PC.
Screw it, I should just stop being a cheap as right now (since I've already spent this much) and cough up the $50 for the air filter.

Hooked ... what map are you using for your Power Commander? Where can I get it? My setup is going to exactly resemble yours. (the headers will definatly have to wait) How do u like??? [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-08-2006, 04:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: arrowwhead

ORIGINAL: hookedon636

I have the Yoshi but I also have a K&N air filter so I went ahead and bought a PC.
Screw it, I should just stop being a cheap as right now (since I've already spent this much) and cough up the $50 for the air filter.

Hooked ... what map are you using for your Power Commander? Where can I get it? My setup is going to exactly resemble yours. (the headers will definatly have to wait) How do u like??? [sm=badbadbad.gif]
I haven't got to ride the bike yet i'm still waiting on the right muffler clamp but it should be here monday. And its also been really cold and we have had some snow. but everything should be ready for next weekend I can't wait!

I love the sound!

Old 01-08-2006, 05:21 PM

Arrowwhead,

I would use the M218-002 Map from the Powercommander site. This map is for the Two Bro slip-on and will work with the stock or aftermarket air filter (which means the stock air filter flows as good as an aftermarket one). This map should be in the ball park (close enough to make the bike run well). Most of the other maps on the PC site are for full systems.

Mike

ORIGINAL: arrowwhead

Thanks for all the adive fellas. Good cross section of feedback.

So I decided to get it. I figured I can afford it and it's only going to help. So ... why the hell not.

So now my next question. The Power Commander website doesnt make a map for my Yoshimura slip. I know you can use a map from a different exhaust, But what if I want a map for my exhaust? Where can I get it? I dont want to pay someone $200 for something I can fine tune myself over time I just need one to get me started. Thanks for all the help and advice fellas.

Gotrice: Yes, it is a '05-'06 636 PC.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:56 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: greenteam

Arrowwhead,

I would use the M218-002 Map from the Powercommander site. This map is for the Two Bro slip-on and will work with the stock or aftermarket air filter (which means the stock air filter flows as good as an aftermarket one). This map should be in the ball park (close enough to make the bike run well). Most of the other maps on the PC site are for full systems.

Mike

[quote]

Thanks brotha. If you're ever in Tucson ... I owe u a beer. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]