Power Commander question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Power Commander question

I just purshased the Power Comander from Fuel Moto (ebay). Should arrive soon, hopefully. I'm curious, the Power Commander website does not have theexact map for my bikes setup.I will probablywant to play arround with the different maps they offer, until I can get a custom one made.

Which leads me to my question. I don't think I will be able to get my bike close enough to a computer,to do the down loading, so I will most likey have to remove the unit. Does this mean Ihave to buy their special adapter to down load different maps to the Commander?

Old 01-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Default RE: Power Commander question

I'm going to be ordering a PC from Fuel Moto as well, but I was under the impression that Fuel Moto sets up your PC to your bikes specs before they ship it to you or as close as they can get it. Maybe not for ebay auctions, but I would think they would do it for any PC they sell.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea Fuel Moto is pretty cool they will down load the map for you, but they don't make their own. They get them fom the PowerCommander website. My exhaust is different then what they offer and but close to to 2 maybe 3 different maps they offer. I would want to try each one to see which I would like better.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

If you want I can send you my USB cord and assecories to you. I have never used mine. I had mine installed and custom mapped.Let me know and I will ship them out next week.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Is this whatyour USB adapter looks like.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a power commander III usb. The one that is pictured is a power commander II. So mine is different. The II is the older version. Did you get my E-mail about your rear intergrated light?

Old 01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

It should look like this

Old 01-06-2007, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry wrong pic. Yea, that's what I'm getting for Fuel Moto. So with all supplied accessories I'll be able to down load with it not being hooked up to my bike?

Yes I did get the email. Thanks again.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

Sorry wrong pic. Yea, that's what I'm getting for Fuel Moto. So with all supplied accessories I'll be able to down load with it not being hooked up to my bike?
Yeah, but to download a different MAP, you have to disconnect it from the bike and hook it up to your desktop computer; unless you have a laptop. I have an old IBM that I use to load different MAP's directly on my bike with it hooked up and running. Any old cheap laptop will work as long as it has a USB port and Windows XP make it easier also. I think mine is a IBM 300 mhz thinkpad. I just download all the MAP's I want to a USB Thumbdrive and load it to the PC111.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I e-mailed the techs at the power commander website and told them what I have done to my bike and they recommended a map that would get me the closest to what I need. The next step would have the bike custom tuned.

Quick Reply: Power Commander question