Petition for Lane Splitting in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Petition for Lane Splitting in NJ

ORIGINAL: evil636

i think cars should get the **** out of our way and we should have the right away and be allowed to pass while splitting lanes. the ******** that know wwere coming and cockblock us by moving over so we cant pass should be thrown in jail after we have the chance to beat the crap out of them. im all for splitting lanes within a safty aspect in mind, sometimes you have to look like a a hole to get away from the stupid people.
So how do you really feel about it?

Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

well, i rode today, 50 mile round trip, freeway one way, streets coming back. spilt lanes both ways. even coming back. i made it home in a matter of 12 minutes.

i feel great !

Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I talked to a motorcycle cop about that and out here in CA according to him the law was there to keep bikes from over heating. I'm sure it's there for other things but I love that law when it's approaching 100 degrees out here... Couldn't imagine being in gear on a 220 degree bike stopped in traffic I'd keel over dead on the spot lol...

I'm all for lane splitting/sharing just be safe those that aren't learn to be safe pretty quickly.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

here its 35mph while splitting. rode right past the popo doing about 38, no probs zig zag bob weave dip duck. only in la

Old 05-24-2007, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Man, I wish it was legal here in Texas. I have seen some riders do it but the way cagers drive here, make you want to stay off the road altogether. Plus if they made it legal here, it would take 10 years for the general public to realize that it was legal to lane split/ lane share. They'd be cutting you off or trying to run you off the roads. Texas has some of the worst traffic planning & driversever; especially in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. They never expected the influx of people moving and driving here. The signs suck; last minute warning for a turn or exit. There are 3 highways, 8 lanes dumping into one2 lane highway. Yeah, we need lane sharing here BIG TIME!

Old 05-24-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I dunno, I'm for splitting lanes, even in GA where it's illegal and I was yelled at by a cop once before, I still do it, there's some traffic that is just really really bad and backed up, cut the time in 20th's by splitting. But I only do it when EVERYONE is stopped, if they start going then I immediately cut into a lane. It's dangerous though, I've come VERY VERY VERY (I'm talking 1mm) from being hit because someone decides to weave in the lane a bit aimlessly. And man people get pissed and honk and yell at me as I go by, but **** it, I saved someone back in traffic a spot. I know in Europe some countries enforce lane splitting to save traffic. But yeah, that's my two cents.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

You can always move back to CA speed. When I dolaneshare I try to never go over 30ishwhile doing it. San fran is about 40 miles from my house and it taking 3 hours to go 40 miles in just insane.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

werd [sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: evil636

side mirrors, crack boom, gone. bmw mirror 300 plus, ford mirror, depending on model, 275 plus. the cost of learning to watch your mother****ing line and not block. priceless

Old 05-25-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

a lot of times i will wait till i get the attention of a cager in their rear view. like when they are on their cell phones. then i pass. it is pretty cool when drivers purposely move over to give you room. that is super cool of them. i try and give positive reinforcement by waving thanks. personally i think it is new cali transplants that get all hot and bothered because they have to sit in traffic.
to demonstrate a abuser of this blessed rule....i was the first in line after getting ahead of traffic and i see a dude on a gxr doing a wheelie in my rear view while lane splitting. it was kind of cool actually...he actually dropped the wheelie in a turn and perfectly executed a turn while the front tire was in the air. i was impressed but everyone else was kind of pissed because he could have crashed into someone. oh...he had a tshirt and running shoes on too. lol