Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Default Petition for Lane Splitting in NJ

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...lertid=9246261

Old 05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Petition for Lane Splitting in NJ

Sorry I don't think its smart to allow lane splitting anywhere. Its just asking for trouble, and how's the guy stuck in traffic gonna react when you get to go by, talk about a whole new road rage.[&:]

Old 05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

if traffic is totally stopped then it would be ok. but anything else would be to dangerous.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

i live in cali and lane splitting is legal. let me tell you. it should be legal everywhere. yea. there are those that abuse it. but when you have a sudden stopped line of cars and the dork behind you in her SUV isnt paying attention and slams into you when you stop...you might wish you could have split the lanes. i think lane splitting is there to protect the bike rider. i feel a lot safer knowing i can take myself out of a stop and go situation. for those aholes who rage on us because we get ahead of them while they are sitting still...&^%%$ them! buy a bike!
i am one less car in front of them and i use half the gas and pollute a lot less.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:39 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I also am in CA and I think lane sharing is fine. If you decide to do it you better make sure you got your eyes on the road. Things can go bad very fast if your not carefull. A lot of drivers in CA have just come to accept it and some even move to the side to give you more room. Then again CA has some of the worst traffic. My old job was about 20 miles from my house but would take me over an hour to get to work that is where there is no acidents. Its some times taken an hour and 45 min just to get to work. Another example was last friday I left work at 3pm to go to SKG's store to pick up my exhaust. Now with no traffic its about an hours drive. Even leaving at 3 it took me just over 3 hours to get to her shop in my car because of traffic.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i think cars should get the **** out of our way and we should have the right away and be allowed to pass while splitting lanes. the ******** that know wwere coming and cockblock us by moving over so we cant pass should be thrown in jail after we have the chance to beat the crap out of them. im all for splitting lanes within a safty aspect in mind, sometimes you have to look like a a hole to get away from the stupid people.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

the advantages are greater than the disadvantages like dave said. and the road ragers and c*%k blockers who try to stop us will go broke buying new door panels and windsheilds.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

i think cars should get the **** out of our way and we should have the right away and be allowed to pass while splitting lanes. the ******** that know wwere coming and cockblock us by moving over so we cant pass should be thrown in jail after we have the chance to beat the crap out of them. im all for splitting lanes within a safty aspect in mind, sometimes you have to look like a a hole to get away from the stupid people.
Very well put Evil!

I know riding through town, I have seen semi trucks (I have nothing aginst truck drivers at all! just certian drivers cars and bikes included) that will get side by side and go that way all the way through town so no one can pass. I used to work about5 miles from work. It would take me 20 minutes on a good day. Friday afternoon, it took over an hour 1 time. I found a country road that was 8 miles out of the way to travel and could make it in 15 every time. There are a ***-ton of stoplights in our town and it sucks getting stuck behind traffic either on the bike or in a car. I would agree to leagalize it here if it was directed twards rider saftey and not abused.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

side mirrors, crack boom, gone. bmw mirror 300 plus, ford mirror, depending on model, 275 plus. the cost of learning to watch your mother****ing line and not block. priceless

Old 05-23-2007, 11:33 PM

I'm from JERSEY, and let me tell you...Jersey has really bad drivers with nasty tempers. Road Rage is already at an all time high.Ask anyone who's been through Jersey or lives in Jersey...car drivers will kill ya, run you over one more time, and worst of all, feel justifiedthat they werein the right!!
At leasta law wouldquestion "justified", andprotect the interest of the motorcyclist.
THE INTEREST IN STAYING ALIVE.
SO...sign me up.

Quick Reply: Petition for Lane Splitting in NJ