OK, now I'm pissed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default OK, now I'm pissed!

I just got my bike back Friday before last (5/11). Today I finally had a chance to wash it, and what do I discover... The paint on the lower right fairing is coming off! Not only that, as if that weren't enough, but the dealership scratched my swing arm right on the corner where the "in set" part is. Those F***ers tried to hide it with marker! I know that they will never own-up to it, but marker... At least they could have sprayed some paint in a rag, and touched it up with a brush, I might not have noticed that. Marker, what were they thinking, that I wouldn't wash it? I will be late for work tomorrow, and I'll be waiting for those asses to show up. O, the area where the paint is coming off, wasn't even damaged. I forgot to mention that. WTF!!! I couldn't even bring my self to dry it off, so now I have water spots, and F'ed up paint. Ready, haven't got to the best part yet. then I start scrutinizing the paint job, and find they didn't sand where they should have, and sanded where they shouldn't. I am no painter by ant stretch on the imagination, but I know not to sand corners, and to be sure an area is smooth before I paint it. "Hay tool box, they make these things, there called tack cloths. you use them to remove the crap that you made when you were sanding". After I had found all the flaws in the paint, I could stare at my bike and mutter to myself. I am PISSED! I took some pics, but you can't see anything, all the beautiful shiny black paint washes out the imperfections. I will give them a chance to fix the paint, everyone messes up once in a while, but they had better not f**K with me. Man am I pissed. [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: OK, now I'm pissed!

that totaly sucks. Make them repaint it again for you. if they did a crappy job then they shoul fix it for free. There should be some kind of warenty on the paint job. I would fight with themto make things right. Let us know how things turn out for you.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

They sound a bit dodgy to me. Shove it up em, and get right into em. And let us know how it all goes.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, sorry for the laugh. Just show them the imperfections and make them redo it. I am an *** when it comes down to business.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

That suck J don't let them get away with it.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Update: I went to Kawasaki today. Those asses were apathetic. I got the number for the painter a local guy at Wild Card Customs he was all over it. He saw some stuff I didn't see. The guy is going to respray my lowers for free (as it should be), and he told me he would have it back to me in one day. So now I'm not so pissed, but if you live in Tampa/St. Pete don't let Kawasaki St. Pete work on your ride. Take it to Brandon, at least they will pretend to care. Tomorrow I'll drop off my plastics, I will give you guys another update when something happens.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I do not know if the Brandon store is any better. Always dicked me around on price said one thing and it would be different.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Ya, they tried that crap with me too. I told my salesman I would be more than happy to buy from elsewhere. Then I made them give me the extended warranty, and deliver it. They are stealers after all. OK, yet another new update. I dropped my plastics off to the painter, he gave me the painters personal cell phone number. Lol. He also told me that the pain should be a day or two at most, and to pester the painter as much as I wanted for punishment for letting that paint job out of his shop. lmao.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool bro as long as you got it straightened out. I guess you aint going to the lube tomorrow for bike night then.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Good to hear its been corrected.

Quick Reply: OK, now I'm pissed!