OEM Tire Wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Default OEM Tire Wear

How many miles you getting out of the stock rubber?

Mine are shredding very fast. Kind of surprised since they are OEM.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5978/98AB8DB4A50B4354AA53A9BECA36B755.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: OEM Tire Wear

Hey rraider, I got 4600 miles on my stock Bridgestone Battleaxes ( which suck )and are totally junk. Flat spotted and I stopped at my local shop to see if they would pass. Knowing they won't anyway. But trying to get a deal on a set. I bought it with 3447 miles and the sales guy said it would last another 1000 miles and was right. Post another pic, if you don't feel safe on it then it's time for new rubber.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

The Battleaxes aren't bad tires... They just aren't intended to carve up the road. They are a harder compound. Which means that they will do better for commuters, that say pilot powers, which are a softer compound, and will die quickly at speed in a straight line. The pilot powers will fare much better at carving up the twisties than the Bridgestones. I haven't had any problems with mine I just get 'em hot before I run the twisties, and I've had no problems. I am aware that they are not race tires, so I don't treat them as such.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:03 AM

i got 8k out of mine.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

my stock tires on my 03 are starting to go and I have 9500-10K miles on them. They would prob pass inspection but they are def on their way out and shake a lil on the highway over 90mph. putting on new rubbers either Tues of Wed

Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

3500 on my bike with the stock BT-014's and the rear will definitly not pass inspection. The front may go another 2-3000 miles or so. These are a soft rubber dual compound tire, so I didn't expect much. Having a gravel driveway doesn't help either...

Old 06-25-2007, 01:27 AM

Wow I am only at the 300 mile mark. I was planning on keeping these as my street tires for a while as I have track only race rubber on another set of wheels.

They feel fine I am just kind of bummed that they are wearing so fast. I blew all my cash on the race rubber and extra set of wheels so i was hoping these would last.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shinobi636

The Battleaxes aren't bad tires... They just aren't intended to carve up the road. They are a harder compound. Which means that they will do better for commuters, that say pilot powers, which are a softer compound, and will die quickly at speed in a straight line. The pilot powers will fare much better at carving up the twisties than the Bridgestones. I haven't had any problems with mine I just get 'em hot before I run the twisties, and I've had no problems. I am aware that they are not race tires, so I don't treat them as such.
You'd be surprized at how well the stock Battlax's can carve up the streets or the racetrack. I did a trackday with them last year and I was impressed. In the morning the track was cold, so they drifted a little but whenthe trackwarmed up, man, they stuck like glue. I was going wide open leaned over in the fast back section and couldn't get them to slide. They felt just as good in the slow tight stuff too. Very Confidence inspiring. In fact, I have another trackday coming up at the new track (which I already did a few laps on with these tires) and I think that I'll use them again. I just put on another new set. I got 5,000 plusmiles from my last rear BT014. The new BT015's are even better!

Old 06-25-2007, 02:23 AM

Thanks much for the info speedracer138.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:17 AM
1st Gear Member

i liked my stock battleaxes. they lasted till my first track day. tore the heck out of them. i kept the pressure down just in case. they had a little flat area from commuting. they did stick like glue but that was probably a combo of the lower tire pressure and the 100 degree heat. RIP stockies.

i like the idea of having another set of rims with track rubber. sounds expensive though.

Quick Reply: OEM Tire Wear