NOOB here, i wanna learn aobut bike, where do i go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Default NOOB here, i wanna learn aobut bike, where do i go?

im new to the bike world, i know just about everything when it comes to vw's since ive beeen on those forums for years over at www.vwvortex.com
i hear all this talk about a jet kit and steering damper and all this talk, the guy who sold me his bike said it had a jet kit and i wasnt really paying attention aobut what it is cuz i was admiiring the bike! lol, can anyone show me where to go to learn about these little thingss, i would liek to start buying little things for the bike! but not to make it go faster though, the 600cc is fast enough for me

Old 05-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NOOB here, i wanna learn aobut bike, where do i go?

Here is a start, I was just replying to another jet question, http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/kawasaki.php they adjust proper amont of fule and air so youer bike runs properly, not lean or rich. Lean is to much air and rich is to much fule.

Steering dampers keep the front end from shaking, head shake while under hard acceleration or other situations like dropping done your wheelie with the wheel turned.

I have the scoots damper but there are a lot of brands to choose from. http://www.metricbikes-superstore.co....php?cPath=552

Old 05-10-2006, 08:24 PM

Hey whats up markowgti im new here also welcome, but one of my favorite sites to buy stuff for whatever bike is www.hardracing.com their prices are really cheap because they try to match or beat everyone elses price on the net except for ebay, but yea check that site out. I also like using ebay for my parts. peace

Bruno

Old 05-11-2006, 09:52 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

If you want to learn about bikes, the best thing is to learn to ride them well. Take a riding course and read some books; e.g. Twist of the wrist by Keith Code or read some magazines like Sport Rider or Motor Cyclist etc. Or better yet; spend some time on this Forum reading the posts. You'll learn a bunch in a very short time.