new 636 suspension settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new 636 suspension settings

heres some live action footage so you can really see whats up.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

heres some live action footage so you can really see whats up.
For those who do not know;
Pic 1 is for rebound, how quickly or slowly the spring returns up
Pic 2 is compression, how quickly / soft or slowly / hard that the spring goes down

Old 02-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

crap i knew i forgot something. thanks notstock.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, you would be surprised on how many people do not now anything about their suspension.

90% of riders out on the road have not set the sag on there bikes or even know what it is.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm to lazy, and it feels good to me from factory... Like a rock lol

Old 02-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Hey, you would be surprised on how many people do not now anything about their suspension.

90% of riders out on the road have not set the sag on there bikes or even know what it is.

heres a sad qiuck story. when i bought my zx9, i wasnt able to pick it up when i bought it so i made arrangements with the dealer and their "tech" or mechanic or what ever to assist me in setting the sag and letting me borrow a wrench to adjust my controls. i set up my bars, adjusted the mirrors and asked the tech clown to help me set the sag and he didnt have a clue as to what i was talking about. neither did the sales guy but he was all yesses taking my check.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

I believe that. I am surprised they even had a measuring tape
Freaking stealership[:@]

Old 02-26-2006, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey evil. nice campaigning... your sig I mean, lol thats great.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

I'd be the first to tell you I don't know everything their is to know about motorcycles. I can ride the heck out of a motorcycle, but I can be completely ingorant to some of the most basic stuff.

But that's what this forum is for. For people to talk about bikes and learn. Their is no reason why you would say what you said. MD636 is obvisouly a new rider and is trying to learn, so now he may never return to this forum thanks to those comments.

He was pretty straight forward in his questions. But was never given a straight answer. I personnaly don't know the answer so I can't help. All I'm tryin to say is that not all people are "experts" and know everything their is to know, so take it easy and be respectful. You were in their shoes at on point.

If I'm out of line, I apologize, but it had to be said. IMO

Old 02-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

by all means i do not think notstock was trying to be a ***, hes just natural at it but in all seriousness and from my many experiences, track, road and in general, most people do not know anything about suspension set up and they try to adapt to the bike, not make the body and bike work as one.

classic one: i spent 4000.00 on 2 shocks for my offroad truck. it should work the way it was sent because thats how the manufacture set them up = wrong !! no off the shelf suspension or anything with a suspension is good to go out of the box.

every time id go to the rock store id hit up a few guys about how their bike handled, ducatis and a-star suits dont make you a better rider. broke *** me in a field sheer jacket and a properly set up bike do. a few question, a little tweak here and i just made a friend thats a more confident rider.

first thing in setting up a suspension is to learn as much as you can, read as much as you can, talk to as many people as you can, then tackle it !!

noone should get offended from what anyone says, take it with a grain of salt and just learn what to do, what not to do.

what notstock said about the stealerships,,,i got his back 110%

Quick Reply: new 636 suspension settings