need help bike sick

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Default need help bike sick

I changed my starter and then was excited to jump on my bike. I took off and it was low on fuel it just died so I thought that i did the dumb thing and ran out of fuel. but now it turns over but will not start im getting fuel but that is far as i have troubleshooted it. Ihave a manual but it is so backwards when it comes to specifics. I appreciate any thoughts on this.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

need to no what kind of bike you have

Old 04-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF. But yes, abit more specifics on your ride would be nice to know.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:46 PM

sorry about that guys
bike is 2003 636R engine B1
problem is after sitting for 2 months I had to replace starter replaced it and it fired up sounded great I hopped on to get fuel it was really low and after it warmed up i took off. In 3 blocks engine stopped. Couldnt get to run again. Engine turns over but will not start. i drained the fuel tank and cleaned out and refilled it. but no change. I also tried to run thru the fault codes but could only find a couple i believe the crankshaft sensor was one of them so i tested for continuity on it and it wasnt within range. so i have checked to see the price yet but i would love it if anyone else had any experience with this problem and could share thier solution with me thanks. keep the shiny side up!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 PM

by the way I am in no way a bike mechanic so when i was doing the checks for air fuel spark I did the old school way of shooting a dab of ether to the intake but it still didnt start just still turns over so i think it might be the bike down sensor also since that one stops the ignition fuel and everything but hey again if i knew anything I wouldnt be here asking for help. Thanks have a great day guys

Old 04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

gonna throw out a stupid question but if your bikes fuel tap has on/reserve and off switch, is it on?

doesnt sound like a battery or stator problem... yet

Old 04-23-2009, 05:46 PM

yea it should be if it has one i have never turned it off or on

Old 04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

It might be plugged. I would drain the tank again, and pull the switch. Clean out the screen and re-install. That way you can rule out that. Oh and welcome to the forums.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Default finally took bike to shop

I hated to but I was tired of not riding my bike so I finally took it to the shop. I want to thank everyone that took the time out to help me I really appreciate it. It is refreshing finding people that aren't jaded and want to help people out.

thanks again

anthony

Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

when you find out what the problem was, let us know...

Quick Reply: need help bike sick