My ZX-6R transformation

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Default RE: My ZX-6R transformation

Where do you buy them and what sizes do you get?

Old 08-22-2007, 06:33 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nunlowr

So which Akrapovic did you go with because I have been calling around and still cant find someone with it in? Full system? Lic mount?
i got the slip-on carbon- titamium exhuast. its the best they say so im really really exited go to your bike shop and talk to them about it

Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xrider

Which sprocket is easier to change (front or rear)? I ask because I'd like to maybe just do one and see how I like it.
front is cheaper and i havent changed the back yet. but the front was very easy to change. all though i have an impact wrench that makes it very easy to do. a breaker bar was just not good enough. but i recommend it

Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xrider

Where do you buy them and what sizes do you get?
i orderd mine through my local bike shop which they have been very helpful and friendly to me i hope you have the same expereince. ive ordered everything through them. i went down one tooth on my front sprocket and plan to only go up 2 teeth in the rear sprocket but for now im just down one tooth in the front and its very nice

Old 08-22-2007, 07:02 AM
1st Gear Member

That makes since. I have found the slip on but I was looking for the full evo system with out a plate mount. Thanks

Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah i could have ordered the full exhaust for it through the same place. i just dont think i need a full exhaust. it take most of the horsepower you gain and puts it more to the top then midrange and i really dont need alot of top end speed since i wont be getting that high enough to use it. thus the reason i thought it would be smart to bank the extra 1500 dollars

Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackNinjaZX6R

well i got this mod more for backroads. i plan on dragging the bike in fact i was going to drag the bike this weekend but it started raining so i could not do it. Well if you launch it that high then yes your going to come up more and going up two in the back wont help that but if you want it to be torqier then it would help its just a matter of what you would like.
Hey man have u had a chance to run your bike yet, if so what kinda times are u runnin, also how do u feel about the rpm's on the street vs mph, i have a 04 zx 6r and i am currently -1 +2 and thinkin about going +3