My ZX-6R transformation

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My ZX-6R transformation

Well I did the sprocket change by going down 1 in the front. Plan on going up 2 in the back but I also just got my dark smoke double windscreen and an akrapovic exhaust. I am real excited for these parts can't wait till they all get in. I also plan I getting some decals from the rugby team i play for put on there which the colors of that is blue so im excited for how it turns out. leave your thoughts ill put pics up as soon as i get them

Old 08-21-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My ZX-6R transformation

I'm really interested in seeing how your ride is with just the -1 in front. I'm planning on doing the same to mine, but i was not going to do the +2 in the back. Under hard acceleration i'm already lifting the front end and I know it will be even more torque with the -1 conversion. I think the +2 might be more than what i want especially if i don't like looking at the sky too much.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

well i love it. its great it gets me that extra push. it was suggested to me to get a speedohealer which i plan on doin so i recommend it to you as well. but its worth it. but i never had a problem with hard acceleration with my wheel coming off the ground. are you talkin about launching it or just opening up the throttle from a rolling start. personally i have enjoyed it so far. so i recommend it

Old 08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

did you get all the other stuff fixed ?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackNinjaZX6R

.... are you talkin about launching it or just opening up the throttle from a rolling start. personally i have enjoyed it so far. so i recommend it
Yeah, I can get the front wheel up just by opening up first gear. Usually about 2 before redline the front wheel is off the ground then it bounces when i shift to second.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

well i got this mod more for backroads. i plan on dragging the bike in fact i was going to drag the bike this weekend but it started raining so i could not do it. Well if you launch it that high then yes your going to come up more and going up two in the back wont help that but if you want it to be torqier then it would help its just a matter of what you would like.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

yes i did end up getting that stuff in and putting it on and getting it fixed. thanks for asking

Old 08-21-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear Member

So which Akrapovic did you go with because I have been calling around and still cant find someone with it in? Full system? Lic mount?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:23 AM

Which sprocket is easier to change(front or rear)? I ask because I'd like to maybe just do one and see how I like it.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

rear is easier but front is cheaper

Quick Reply: My ZX-6R transformation