LoJack

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LoJack

i have the scorpio and it is pretty sweet. i alarm it and lock it with 2 locks. plus my cover is locked on it. a thief will have to defeat the locks then deal with the alarm.
it is never 100% thief proof but anything you can do to make it difficult for them should help. i think the cover over it helps keep thieving eyes from knowing what is under there. removing the locks and cover is kind of a pain but i chalk it up to cost of ownership.
just my 2 cents.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LoJack

ORIGINAL: Daves_636

i have the scorpio and it is pretty sweet. i alarm it and lock it with 2 locks. plus my cover is locked on it. a thief will have to defeat the locks then deal with the alarm.
it is never 100% thief proof but anything you can do to make it difficult for them should help. i think the cover over it helps keep thieving eyes from knowing what is under there. removing the locks and cover is kind of a pain but i chalk it up to cost of ownership.
just my 2 cents.
Exactly; make it difficult and they will pass it up for an easier target. I also put a Disc lock on mine and Arm the alarm with the proximity sensor on. The cover is a great idea also. I will just slow them down that much more. Best to lock it to a post or something anchored, this way they can't just pick it up and throw in in a van or truck. Our bikes are very light.I think the reason they steal the minivans to steal bikes isbecause the vans are low andthey can thow it inside. It's harder to see the bike and most cops would be looking for a bike in the back of a truck, not inside a minivan driven by a soccer mom.