LoJack

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LoJack

That sucks bro I second dragon and hicktown on there suggestions. Hope you get her back in one piece. GOOD LUCK.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I hope you get your bike and the Cops nail the Scumbags. They should be hung for stealing a man's (Iron) Horse like they used to do.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I read this post and was wondering did he get his bike back? i hate seeing people getting there bike's stolen from where they live. hopefully he got it back

Old 03-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Here's my lojack..

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?....Well, do ya punk?

Name:  100_5982.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  69.4 KB

Old 03-30-2007, 09:16 PM

Okay folks here's the update:

After sweating for the last 24 hours, calling every police precinct in town to find out what happened, and calling LoJack twice, I got a call this morning: they found her, all in one piece.

I'm so happy I could cry. There's an upside and a slight downside: the upside is, obviously, I got my bike back. Plus, it was in the back of a stolen van, so somebody got their van back. The bad news is, because the van was stolen, there's no perp. They staked it out for a while, but the driver never showed up, probably because they were in the standard undrcover police car that everyone knows about.

So now I pick her up and try to figure out how to avoid this from happening again. The thing is, I live in a really nice neighborhood with dozens of bikes parked on the street, so moving isn't gonna do me much good. The cops told me that the scumbags target japanese bikes in general and ninjas in particular, so I guess that's why mine is a target. I'm thinking about getting a scorpion alarm. Anyone got one of those?

Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

good to hear you got your bike back!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:29 PM

The beeping is not detectiable. If your agency can detect lojack they will hear the beeping when they get within range. There is equipment installed in their cars that handles that. Then they can zero in on it.

However, Lojack also gives compensation for the lost item as does the insurance company. Its not 100% but lojack does make a big diffrence. The police need to be notified that it is installed on the vehicle.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Woohoo, a happy ending. Congrats! Dunno about the scorpion but definately get something. Dont want to go through something like that 3 times

Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Great to hear you got you baby back! Get an Alarm! I have a Scorpio Alarm and I love it. It has a proximity sensor and the anti-hijack feature. If someone gets within 3 feet of the bike the alarm starts chirping; If they don't move away, it goes off. The anti-hijack feature is if someone takes off with the bike, you can shut it off while they ride away, say if someone pushes you off at a red light or takes off while you're getting gas or something. Pretty Neat! Just don't keep your remote with your bike keys. And it has a Pager to let you know if someone got close, or moved the bike.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

A happy ending to the story! Glad you got your baby back!