LoJack

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Default LoJack

Greetings all,

I've been an occasional member of the forum and you all have been really helpful.

So I wake up this morning to find that my '06 ZX 6R was stolen, again, from in front of my apartment. This time, however, I have a LoJack installed in the bike - cost $1,000. (The fist bike was never recovered).

I thought I was being clever when I got it installed, and I reallyloved the idea of some scumbag getting cuffed and going to jailfor stealing my bike. Plus, I figured most of these thieves are part of a ring and the police would get more stolen bikes when they showed up to raid the place.

Now people are telling me I'm screwed regardless of whether there's a LoJack installed or not. They say that these thieves know about them, strip the bikes right away, and throw away the LoJack before the cops can catch up with them. Does anyone know about how these folks operate? I know every gang is different, and maybe the one that got mine has it sitting in a garage somewhere intact, but I was wondering whether there is any buzz about the usefulness of these GPS tracking devices. I'm trying to find some reason for hope. I loved that bike.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Default RE: LoJack

Sorry for your loss. That really sucks, I'd be hurt if my bike was stolen. Have you contacted LoJack? I was under the impression they are able to trace the vehicle within 10min. If they did already strip the bike then there would be no use for it. Just trying to help a little.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM

The way it works is you call the police and the police enter the VIN number into something called the NCIS database. This is a nationwide database that can track the signal. I've heard various explanations about LoJack's role, but LoJack tells me that they do nothing, the NCIS system does it all automatically.

As I am writing this, I got a call from the police saying they've picked up the signal. They think it might be in someone's garage - I hope its still in one piece - I'll keep y'all posted!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

**** bro, i hopethe signal will lead you toyour beloved,please keep us updated!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

man that sucks I would cry if my kawi was ever stolen...I hope they find yours in one piece.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

id go on a manhunt rampage looking for that thing. anyone near it is getting dealt with.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Man, sucks about your ride. I hope everything turns out OK.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:44 AM
1st Gear Member

update?????????

Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

dang, just move already

Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
1st Gear Member

oh yea i was gonna say, youbetter get a soldier to guard that bike if your at an apt. complex. if you live on the bottom floor park that beast inside. like drag said...time to move!!