LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 AM
Default LED Headlights

I was just wondering if anyone has, or has seen LED Halos such as the ones here http://estore.websitepros.com/873942...LOS/Detail.bok

Relavitevly cheap for headlights too, but from what i understand not so cheap to install? Also, what would the quality of illumation be compared to the stock lights, and if they are so hard/expensive to install how long do they last or how hard is it to change the bulb. Any info about them would be much appreciated. I'de probably be getting blue or green since white would just look like normal lights and red looks like breaklights.

Any comments on they're looks/performance would be much appreciated. I'de be getting them on a '06 ZX-6R if that helps any.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LED Headlights

Can't access the website to see. Are they Halo LED's or LED Headlights?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:22 AM

Woops sorry I put the wrong link, the right one is http://estore.websitepros.com/873942...LOS/Detail.bok Also something i didnt add before, can you turn them on/off independantly (or any LED Halos) and how do they look in the day? I'm assuming alot like the LED Halos on BMWs?

Old 09-01-2006, 08:18 AM

those lights just look bad ***.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Those look pretty cool in person. For Moto GP, downtown Monterey is FILLED with bikes, and I got to see a few sets this year.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:30 AM

By Bhavesh, "No, for most bikes these would suck.

1.) it's a pain in the *** to put in: you have to bake your headlight, soften the glue, pry it apart, install the halo's and put the headlight back together.
2.) halo's are nothing more than a ring of glass or plastic w' cuts in it so light reflects perpendicular to the inside of the tube (the same effect can be achieved buying a 6" section of hose from home depot, making cuts, and sticking an LED on each open end of it).
3.) they only really work well if:
-your headlights are OFF and it's dark (so you can see the faint glow/outline of the halo's)
-you have projector headlights
-you only have one side of your headlights on (thus the other side is off, and your halo is installed in there)

My guess is your headlights are probably on when you're riding. Thus you will probably NOT see the halo's when the bike is on regardless of if it's dark out."

With the 06 636 one side is the highbeam, so i think it would still be worth it. Also is there a way to turn off the headlight when the bike is on? (a switch or something i could buy to cut power to the light even when the bike is on) Thanks again guys.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:14 PM

I must agree the Halo's are really meant for show and not for conventional use, Then again they are a really nice feature that would set your bike from the rest.
[8D]

Old 09-01-2006, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

i did some searching and found a site that had the halos installed in our bikes, here is the site with pics, im really considering,

does anyone know the legalities of running with red halo's , don tknow if it is leagal to run with red visible from the front

http://209.61.143.180/KAWI_636_HALOS_p/k0306zx6h.htm

Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

i forgot to, taking the headlights apart isnt that hard at all, ive done it numerous times on cars always with the exact same results,

headlight (minus bulbs wires, bulb covers, etc) on upsidedown coockie sheet bake for 8 min @ 200 deg F

butter knife to pry pieces apart

headlight is hot and the glue is even hotter, just fyi

do what you will to the inside, (paint, halo etc)

clean good with windex or another cleaner

squeeze 2 pieces back together and rubberband them (big rubberbands like on vegetables and stuff)

bake upsidedown cookie sheet 4 min@ 200 deg F

manually push together,
silicone all around the seam,

ive never had a problem with any condensation or anything let me know if you need some help

Old 09-01-2006, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: sup_uni

i did some searching and found a site that had the halos installed in our bikes, here is the site with pics, im really considering,

does anyone know the legalities of running with red halo's , don tknow if it is leagal to run with red visible from the front

http://209.61.143.180/KAWI_636_HALOS_p/k0306zx6h.htm
Red is a big no no from the cops. You can get away with blue most of the time, but they [cops] love to nail people with visible source red lights. Actually, come to think of it, you really don't see the source of the light with those, just the effect. Actually, they only care if you ride around with those lights on, but considering you wouldn't be able to see it during the day, and at night your headlights would overtake the red lights, it's not really possible for them to tell if you are riding around with them on.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights