Just got my 04 ninja...need a helmet..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Default RE: Just got my 04 ninja...need a helmet..

I have a shoei helmet thay would go with your blue bike pretty good. Its 2yrs old and it needs a new shield. It has the normal wear and tear, but has never been droped or anything like that. The shield has scratches from storage. I will let a fellow kaw rider in need of a helmet have it for 175 plus shipping. here are some pics. the size is xl. nice ride by the way.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 PM

nice helmet.......you should take him up on that one. good luck

Old 09-20-2005, 01:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome bike gotrice. Thanks for the offer, that really is a dope helmet, what do they run for new.

Im so broke right now, I had no idea this title was going to be $500, and tires were $375, all I have is a credit card.

Im not sure I want to buy a used helemt, even though that is really a sick helmet! My friend might give me a helmet, Im just going to wait a little.

Your helmet is XL and that prolly is too big for me Im 5'10' 175, I dont know if my head is that big.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: silverninja636

suomy makes the best helmets and yes i bought the silver and black one. But its like im not even wearing one. Have fun on that bike and ride safe.

whats up donahue, when we going riding again?

Suomy makes badass helmets, as does Arai and Shoei, id say those are definately the top 3 helmet manufacturers, But if you are on a little bit of a budge check out the KBC VR-2s, there about 250ish and are really nice.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: silverninja636

YA I USED TO PLAY BASEBALL OVER AT BOLLI. AND YA THE AIRFLOW IS REALLY GOOD! DUDE ITS GOING TO MESS THE HAIR UP. IF YOUR WORRIED PUT A SMALL BOTTLE OF GEL IN THE REAR SOUNDS GAY BUT MY FRIEND RIDES A GSXR WITH A BOTTLE OF GEL UNDER THE REAR SEAT. GOTA DO WHAT U GOTA DO.

that would be me, lol, either a hat or if ur gonna do the hair I put some gel in that bitch

Old 09-20-2005, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Holy cow, my first day riding my bike to campus, omg it soo frikin hot. Esp so many cars entering campus, there was no breeze. BY the time I got into class I felt like I just mowed a law. I mean I was soaking wet with sweat, all the gel melted out of my hair (No helmet yet). It was really gross, Im going to start wearing shorts and tank tops to class. I know some you might think its dangerous, but my condo is right across from school, so it only takes 10 min to get there and park. I can walk there in 25-30 min, but walking sux when u have a tight sweet Ninja.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

my pics

Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 AM

Anything for a fellow kaw rider. I think it runs around $400-500 new, but im not sure. My new shoei hotwheels helmet ran me $320 and it was made 2yrs ago. Not to many around. The shop had it marked down from $450. I only ever had shoei helmets so i cant give you a honest answer on what is the best helmet. Well what ever you do, just get a helmet.(a $100 helmet is better than no helmet) Save up and get a good helmet. Riding 5ft without one isnt a good idea. As Madkaw would say" gear up, ride safe. "

If you do descide you want it let me know. we can use paypal-either way GET A HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2005, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

fundock, whats up bro?? im in tally also and with these crazy *** drivers up here u needa gear up man... especially around campus... go to the cycle shop on pensacola street they have a huge selection of helmets that start around $100... and as for jackets i tried on jackets there and found the size i needed and won one on ebay for 70 bucks.... brand new joe rocket jacket... right now i got a mesh one and it lets air in so u dont stay hott and its got good protection if i do happen to go down... i mean wear a tank top under that on the way to class then just throw a shirt on when u get there thats what i usually do, and i dont sweat really at all other then my face gets a little sweaty... anyways nice bike man pm me if u ever wanna get together and just ride around later

nish

Old 09-20-2005, 10:49 PM

dragnlow lets go stuntin this weekend

Quick Reply: Just got my 04 ninja...need a helmet..