View Poll Results: A poll
I did and it's more juicy in the high end!
53.33%
I don't know what the jumper mod is!
13.33%
My mommy doesn't let me..
26.67%
I did and didn't notice a difference
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jumper mod juice

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jumper mod juice

5 HP on an 05-06 636 with the mod! Dyno proven (Stock 05636 with a Full Leo Vince & K&N)
10 HP on an 07 ZX6R with the same Mods! Dyno Proven also!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Okay, so I've been considering this - wanna do it. Will I need to hit a dyno & re-map my PC?

Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gsims

Okay, so I've been considering this - wanna do it. Will I need to hit a dyno & re-map my PC?
Shouldn't have to. Did you get a custom Dyno MAP done? If so, have the same guy just check and adjust it if necessary.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Thx Speed. No, didn't have it custom done. It came pre-programmed withone of the maps that's available via their website download center (and to be honest, it's all a little confusing to me still....):

My map is defined as:
"Two Brothers slip-on exhaust (dual mufflers) and stock or aftermarket air filter"

However, there is also:
"European Model, Two Brothers Racing Dual V.A.L.E slip-on exhaust and Stock or aftermarket air filter"

I'm not sure what the "Euro" difference is, except from what I've read, the jumper mod basically reconnects one of the circuits the Eurobikes have....would this work then???

Seems like somebody out there with the same gear must've already mapped theirs....

In any case, I know the real answer is probablyspending the cash to get it mapped specifically to my bike....

DynoJet's page for my bike:
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...54&yr=2005

Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Not necessarily. We ran the racebike on the dyno without any PCIII and the mapping & AFR was just right even with the full exhaust before we installed the race ECU. We didn't mess with the fuel mapping; just the ignition advance. You may want to run the Euro map with the ECU mod.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback Speed. I think I'll give it a shot with the Euro map. I can always reverse the procedure if I need to... If I get to it this weekend I'll let you know if it started!

Old 11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

wish u could dod this mod to the 04 zx 636's bc this is a mod i would def do

Old 11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay. So I did the mod on Friday night - For some reason, my bike didn't start and it flooded and didn't want to start for some time - so now I'm pissed (cuz y'know I gotta ride the next morning). So I pull the mod out and try for awhile - finally it clears out and starts. I let it warm up, re-installed the mod and took it out for a spin. It definitely keeps pulling right up to redline - nice and strong. In a strange twist of plot, a cop gave a few of us fix-its the next day while we were helping out a fellow rider - I gotta a warning for my exhaust noise! LOL -gotta love them cops!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

You got a warning for running a 2 bros exhaust? wow!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah. She was looking for anything - luckily she'd already filled up the "fix-it" section with little **** like "no reflector under the license plate" etc.... So she wrote "Warn excessive exhaust noise two brothers pipes" at the bottom - which means I don't have to swap em out to get signed off, but theoretically if I get pulled over again with the same pipes, they'll write me up....then I'll have to change them....yes - harassment. ....they are pretty loud [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: Jumper mod juice