Installing Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Installing Power Commander

I just got my Power Commander today. I was reading over the destructions but one thing was not very clear to me. I have to load a new map for it. It came with a 9 volt power connector. I was wondering if I can use the 9 volt battery connector to load the new map? (I am sure I can.) My real question is if I load the map using the 9 volt will it last until Saturday morning when I install the Power Commander on the bike? I am assuming the Power Commander does not lose the map settings once the power is taken away? I just don't want to have to do this twice. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2005, 06:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Installing Power Commander

One other question..I am looking at the Maps for it and I was wondering what everyone selected for a map. I have the two brothers exhaust. The third map down is a 2005 Kawasaki ZX636 Two Brothers slip-on exhaust (dual mufflers) Stock or aftermarket air filte. The forth one from the bottom is a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R European model Two Brothers Racing Dual V.A.L.E slip-on Exhaust System Stock or Aftermarket air filter. I have the V.A.L.E slip on but my bike is not European. What do you think? I think the third one is the one I want. 2005 Kawasaki ZX636 Two Brothers slip-on exhaust (dual mufflers) Stock or aftermarket air filter. My bike is deff not European and thats what the other is for. I think I just answered my own question.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:13 PM

EZtalking, If you special ordered your PCIII it would come with a map already installed for your bike. If not, then the third one sounds like the right one because I'm sure Europe has different standards than the US. Also, once the map is loaded it will not be lost due to loss of a power source. It says that in the instructions and a mechanic told me that also.

I have a Two Brothers Dual V.A.L.E pipes, and a BMC filter and the PCIII I order was mapped for that. I am installing mine this weekend.

Open that helps.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:47 PM

The best thing to do, is use a two bros map for the time being. Then take you bike and have a map specially made for your bike with all the mods. All bikes are a little different, and take it to a reputably shop. For instance there is a shop close to here that I will be taking mine to that are known for getting every ounce of power out of a bike...

Old 09-23-2005, 11:11 PM

once the map is loaded it will stay in the powercommander until you put a new one in. Another words if you put the 2bros map in, you could leave the powercommander sit on a shelf for 10yrs and the map would still be in it. The battery is used cause the powercommader for our model requires us to load the map with the key off. Also once you have the 2bros map loaded you are done. Your bike is running about 90 to 95% efficient. No need to pay some one to get it 100%. Not worth the $$$ JMO. plus you wont notice the diffence.