I'm so excited! but i got questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I'm so excited! but i got questions!

Alright everyone..i just purchased an akrapovic slip on for my 05 636 and a dynojet power commander! I'm sooo looking forward to putting these on (they arrive friday). Hard racing was the cheapest i could find so i went and bought them.
I got a couple of questions though, i'm kind of curious about..
-If i wanted to upgrade the rest of my exhaust system can i just buy the heads and mid-pipe and continue to use my slip on from akra?
-Which should i put on first? Akra or the PC?
-Do i have to set idle to 0 with my laptop after i've preloaded the Akrapovic map?
-How do i adjust my chain for tension? I've noticed that it's pretty loose and could probably tighten it a bit.
Sorry to bug with these questions i just want to the best for my baby =)..i'm planning to do a write up on the installation of the exhaust and PC so anyhelp is appreciated..Thanks!

Old 02-15-2007, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm so excited! but i got questions!

You would have to contact Akrapovic and see whether or not they sell the mid pipe, etc seperately. I would put the PC and pipe on at the same time with the map preloaded on the PowerCommander. As far as the chain goes your owners manual should tell you exactly how to adjust your chain. Congrats on the new parts.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

On a side note, what exactly does the pwr commander do?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kazerotor

Alright everyone..i just purchased an akrapovic slip on for my 05 636 and a dynojet power commander! I'm sooo looking forward to putting these on (they arrive friday). Hard racing was the cheapest i could find so i went and bought them.
I got a couple of questions though, i'm kind of curious about..
-If i wanted to upgrade the rest of my exhaust system can i just buy the heads and mid-pipe and continue to use my slip on from akra?
-Which should i put on first? Akra or the PC?
-Do i have to set idle to 0 with my laptop after i've preloaded the Akrapovic map?
-How do i adjust my chain for tension? I've noticed that it's pretty loose and could probably tighten it a bit.
Sorry to bug with these questions i just want to the best for my baby =)..i'm planning to do a write up on the installation of the exhaust and PC so anyhelp is appreciated..Thanks!

Congrats with the new add ons. Concerning the Akra info, you should already know since you bought their slip ons. I agree with an above post on placing both the slip ons and the pc3 at the same time. How to play with the pc3 programming is beyond my knowledge. Again, congrats on the goodies.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hicktown

On a side note, what exactly does the pwr commander do?
If you are referring to the pc3, it is a piggy backed a/f module to your stock ecu to reference the amount of fuel and air after programming (or downloading) to meet your needs.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:47 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Some seller will load the correct map for your setup if you ask them or when you buy the exhaust from them. The Akrapovic was used by Team Kawasaki so there should be some good maps available from Akra or Dynojet website.

Hictown: A PC3 is like jetting a bike for the best air/Fuel ratio for your set-up but it does it electronically by using a computer on Fuel injected bikesinstead of changing jets like on carbureted bikes.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

IMO...it would be best to give your PCIII to a dyno shop that has a motorcycle dyno so then can measure the a/f curve thats coming out of your exhuast and put it up against with real world temperatures, rather than downloading it from power commander themselves. A dyno tune will be the most accurate way to tune a motorcycle correctly.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah i'm planning to have it dyno tuned it's costly to do so..but hopefully this should do it for now. i really needtires haha that's my next plan for her. i've read it goes up to200 bucks to tune, anyone here live in the los angeles area who has these mods done?

Old 02-15-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah a tune is like the best route you can go, because it allows the tuner to adjust your fuel map accordingly to your alititude and your closest riding conditions.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang636

Yeah a tune is like the best route you can go, because it allows the tuner to adjust your fuel map accordingly to your alititude and your closest riding conditions.
Stang636 is absolutely right. If you want the best A/F ratio, then dyno tuning your bike with the PC111 is the way to go to get theMOST HP out of it. Although in real world conditions you have about 160 MPH Ram-Air that is being forced into the Airbox. I don't think the Dyno simulates that. If there was a way to force some air at those speeds, it would be most accurate and have maximum benefit/ HP.

Quick Reply: I'm so excited! but i got questions!