hyperpro dampener bracket pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: hyperpro dampener bracket pics

im kinda worried now, i see that bracket flexing like mad in the canyons. might consider selling both my hp kits and going with a scotts now. thanks for the pics curtis and welcome to the forums.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Man, I know what i.m not buying. I can understand A failure, but to not stand behind their product... I will probably but A Scotts. I've been doing some research, and Scotts seems like a reputable brand.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:44 AM

Yes the bracket is junk it has mad flex in it. I welded mine back together and turned the dial all the way up where is real stiff. And it flexed so bad I cant beilve that they put this product on market attached are some more pics..

[IMG]local://upfiles/3826/9D7C26012439486894336A7ECA309D66.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3826/5777B679685A44A7B086B6629E68C81C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3826/740C585F892E44CC9D25BDB4F3BBF654.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2006, 07:48 AM

When rolling high endos is where I depend on mine the most. When rolling high you get mad tank slappers with no damper. I am glad it broke now and not in rolling!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3826/D3E27442471E4A3CBC35325ABC92E6AD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2006, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

hmm, I still do not think that you even need a damper. But take care of business first.
Re steering damper: the 03-04's need them but the 05-06 can go without although it's a good safety device. With a tank slapper, the best thing to do is take your hands off the handlebars and the bike will straighten up. If you try to hang on the bars of try to stop a BAD tankslapper, it will only get worse bacause you cannot react fast enough to correct it and you will crash! It's mentally very hard to take your hand off the bars when this is happenning, but it works (I've saved myself & the bike from crashing during a race & also street riding.) Tankslappers are less likely if your suspension is set up properly but the aren't avoidable; that is why all high performance bikes and racebikes have them. Even manufacturers are putting them on from the factory now. They are a necessity on a high performance, high speed machine especially when the front wheel isn't straight after a wheelie of from hard acceleration while still leaned over exiting a turn. Even airplanes have had them before bikes (called Shimmy dampers) bacause if the wheel isn't perfectly straight when touching down (as in a crosswind), they prevent the high speed wobble.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

well i talked to hyperpro today...finally. the guy wanted pics sent to his email addie....so i sent them and a link to this topic. now just waiting on the return authorization

Old 12-12-2006, 01:31 AM

To members in regards to the basis of this thread:

My name is Steve Larson, I work in the customer support of Hyperpro USA. We were directed here by an email from the customer who has been emailing back and forth with us regarding a broken steering damper on a motorcycle.

As always, there are two sides to every story.

1) We have in no way denied this persons claim to a warranty, but we also do not have the information we need to complete the process.

2) In multiple emails we have asked for the photo's of the entire front end of the motorcycle, and the customer has only been able to supply these "blurry" images of a broken mount kit piece off the bike. We can go to the junkyard and pick up broken parts of motorcycles and email them to Honda, do you think they are going to send us a free motorcycle?

3) Photo's of the motorcycle which the kit was mounted on were asked for, and none have been supplied although the customer states he has been riding the machine.

4) Has anybody here considered that the bike has been in an accident, from which of course any mount kit would be broken?

We have set records on the Bonneville Salt Flats, won Superbike Championships, Supersport Championships and been mounted on some of the best stunt teams in the business. And not one of these kits has ever failed to perform.

People, we are not difficult to deal with, and we sell thousands of damper kits every year. We took over the Hyperpro distribution from another large company during the "plague" of the old design steering dampers which had seal problems and leaked. We covered every one of them, units we never even sold, even units which probably did not deserve or fall into a warranty category. It is good business to take care of your customers and we do so on a very regular basis. Hyperpro is a very upstanding company and has been for many years.

So although there is always a possibility for the "unusual", walking out to your bike does not destroy aluminum as it appears (from what we can see) to have been in the photo's. Sorry, the laws of physics say so, but all we asked for were photo's of the bike so we can confirm the situation.

None have been provided, but now the discussion has been brought to the "court" of a forum, and the customer has emailed us to "warn" us of how ugly things are going to get for us. We are big boys and can take it or admit when we are wrong, angry customers or not.

Back to the topic at hand:

Just because somebody emails us (4) blurry photo's of a broken mount kit piece does not mean we send out a free kit. Add in that when asked to send us photo's of the front end of the bike the customer has been unable to produce these photo's for some time now, thus we tend to get a bit su****ious.

Maybe all of you will view this situation as us being a "bad" company, but put yourself in our position. Four blurry photo's of a broken damper piece off the motorcycle would lead which one of you would dish out your money and send a free mount kit?

Something is simply not right in this mix to this point, and instead of trying to resolve the situation, we are directed here by the customer.

Every customer has a right to a product warranty replacement, when the information provided proves the need for one. Happy to box it up and send it out personally, we'll even include a free t-shirt for the customer.

But we hope everyone here can agree that holding blurry photo's of a broken part does not fulfill any sort of basis for free merchandise, and that has been the only sticking point in this customer getting a resolution to his problem.

Steve Larson
info@Annitori.com
1-888-963-1212

Old 12-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Steve. Reading the thread it does not appear that anyone here is bashing you or your company yet you post things like this here. Personally I think it is crap and on that alone would not like to do business with you or your company. I always try to give someone a chance but if all this bashing is going to continue you just lost my business.

ORIGINAL: Steve Larson

To members in regards to the basis of this thread:

My name is Steve Larson, I work in the customer support of Hyperpro USA. We were directed here by an email from the customer who has been emailing back and forth with us regarding a broken steering damper on a motorcycle.

As always, there are two sides to every story.

1) We have in no way denied this persons claim to a warranty, but we also do not have the information we need to complete the process.

2) In multiple emails we have asked for the photo's of the entire front end of the motorcycle, and the customer has only been able to supply these "blurry" images of a broken mount kit piece off the bike. We can go to the junkyard and pick up broken parts of motorcycles and email them to Honda, do you think they are going to send us a free motorcycle?

3) Photo's of the motorcycle which the kit was mounted on were asked for, and none have been supplied although the customer states he has been riding the machine.

4) Has anybody here considered that the bike has been in an accident, from which of course any mount kit would be broken?

We have set records on the Bonneville Salt Flats, won Superbike Championships, Supersport Championships and been mounted on some of the best stunt teams in the business. And not one of these kits has ever failed to perform.

People, we are not difficult to deal with, and we sell thousands of damper kits every year. We took over the Hyperpro distribution from another large company during the "plague" of the old design steering dampers which had seal problems and leaked. We covered every one of them, units we never even sold, even units which probably did not deserve or fall into a warranty category. It is good business to take care of your customers and we do so on a very regular basis. Hyperpro is a very upstanding company and has been for many years.

So although there is always a possibility for the "unusual", walking out to your bike does not destroy aluminum as it appears (from what we can see) to have been in the photo's. Sorry, the laws of physics say so, but all we asked for were photo's of the bike so we can confirm the situation.

None have been provided, but now the discussion has been brought to the "court" of a forum, and the customer has emailed us to "warn" us of how ugly things are going to get for us. We are big boys and can take it or admit when we are wrong, angry customers or not.

Back to the topic at hand:

Just because somebody emails us (4) blurry photo's of a broken mount kit piece does not mean we send out a free kit. Add in that when asked to send us photo's of the front end of the bike the customer has been unable to produce these photo's for some time now, thus we tend to get a bit su****ious.

Maybe all of you will view this situation as us being a "bad" company, but put yourself in our position. Four blurry photo's of a broken damper piece off the motorcycle would lead which one of you would dish out your money and send a free mount kit?

Something is simply not right in this mix to this point, and instead of trying to resolve the situation, we are directed here by the customer.

Every customer has a right to a product warranty replacement, when the information provided proves the need for one. Happy to box it up and send it out personally, we'll even include a free t-shirt for the customer.

But we hope everyone here can agree that holding blurry photo's of a broken part does not fulfill any sort of basis for free merchandise, and that has been the only sticking point in this customer getting a resolution to his problem.

Steve Larson
info@Annitori.com
1-888-963-1212

Old 12-12-2006, 01:57 AM

What bashing? Apologize if it appears we are doing that here.

We need the customer to supply us information and photo's so we can get him a response. It was the customer who decided instead to lead us to this post where we have members believeing that we are not willing to stand behind the product.

In our defense we felt it necessary to outline the entire situation so everyone can get an idea of where the customer and our company are and have been in relation to this issue. It is not as "cut and dry" as it may seem to be.

As we have said, we are here and willing to work with the customer, but to this date have not received the requested information needed to complete the process.

Happy to work with anyone on any warranty question, this one included. But the customer has to be part of the process as well, and all ask is that the information put forward to members be complete so we can get a fair view on this from all.

Steve Larson
Hyperpro USA
1-888-963-1212

Old 12-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Steve, I apologize if I read your post wrong. It seemed to be bashing the customer and lack of communications. However I also do appreciate hearing both sides of the story.

Quick Reply: hyperpro dampener bracket pics