How can i make my ride more comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeo
tried sitting back more, and upright, but the problem is my hands barely reach the handlebars then.... what can i do???
Yeah the further away from the handlebars you get the harder it is to reach them....
Try to find a happy medium where you can get comfy and still control the ride, the old left hand on your knee and right hand on the throttle is comfy and gives you time to recover from rough positioning, plus you can move your right shoulder closer to the bars so you can control the bike while sitting higher and further back. You dont have to scoot back far to make a big difference, a half inch of scoot gives ya an inch of extra *** room. Give it time, and make small changes to see how it effects your comfort level. And if you find one position thats comfortable, keep looking for more, cause even a comfy position gets old. experiment for a couple weeks at least. it takes time to get comfy, if you still can work it out then the bike could just be a bad fit. You can modify the bike to fit you by adjusting bar angles and control positions or buying bar risers or other mods, and if all else fails, you can trade it for a bike that fits you better. Good Luck

Old 07-18-2009, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

corbin seat, vortex clip-ons...then flip them over to raise them up, i think u will have to switch sides to do this. if you go to dirtbike bars u will have to get new brake lines, clutch cable and whatever, i think u may be ok with flipped clip ons. or ride more twisty roads, ur *** never gets sore when it's hangin off the side