high speed run today

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Default high speed run today

i run my bike out on alllegator alley, (i-75) when i want to push the limits, there few cars, few cops, few anything.. its a wide open straight away stretch. so when the conditions are right i go ***** to the wall out there. today i made it to 176 on the speedo ( i know its not actual) but each time im out there i try and push it further than last time. when i started i made it to 140 and was proud, then 150 and so on. so today i came 4 mph away from 180, and i slowed down cause a car was coming up. my shift light was on and i was damn near redline, i was hoping to see 180 on the speedo.. oh well, maybe next time. just thought id share. anyone else like to try and max out once in a while? if so what have you seen on the speedo for the 06 636? im not running a stock bike though, i guess i should mention that.. please share your top out experiences and where you choose to run at high speeds in your state. fastest you have ever been etc.. anyone here in the 200mph club yet? i will be eventually, thats my goal and i know im going to have to do it on a busa...

Old 09-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Default RE: high speed run today

thats crazy bro i have only been up to about 146 on my speedo.....you dont need a busa when you can get a zx-14

Old 09-03-2006, 07:34 PM

true, and ive been reading up on the zx 14, but currently theres so much aftermarket stuff you can do to a busa and i have grown to like its style.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:23 PM

thats true not much out for the 14 yet....the person i got my car from has a busa....they are pretty nice i wouldnt mind having one myself ya know

Old 09-03-2006, 08:49 PM

theres so much you can do with them. who knows maybe the 14 will gain some serious popularity in the aftermarket dept. like the busa, and then i would def stick with kawi product. i hate twin pipes and fat rear ends. that kept me away from the 10r this year, then i saw an 06 10r with a single pipe conversion and it looked alot better. 600s are great and all, but i like bigger bikes. the cat on the 10r showing through the lower fairing turned me off too. if i bought a busa id extend the swingarm, put a huge rear tire on it and go with a single pipe. niiiiiiiiiiiice

Old 09-03-2006, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

my first and last highspeed run was 185....

Old 09-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

208, 211, 214, back in 1995 on a 1994 gsxr 1100 with mods.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

^ wow man. That's some speed right there....

I have had the speedo maxed on my 10, and gained 3,000 rpms on top of that. I know the speedo is off on mine by about 8% consitent. I'm fixing to add a 48 tooth rear tho, and that will change the top end quite a bit.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 AM

I got my 636 up to 165 for its first run on the highway. I had just gotten through some heavy traffic on the highway and it was clear and straight ahead, I was already cruising at 90, so I was like "screw it" and punched it.

Hey Fury, I'm sure you know this but you can change when your shift light comes on. I was fooling around with my unit one day while I was doing one of the many repairs on my bike and I hit like Mode and Reset or something at the same time and my RPM guage came up reading like 14K with the shift light on. I was like, what the heck? Pushed another button and it started to go up, once you have it where you want it you just push another button and you'll exit out of it. Sorry for the vague explanation, but I think everything involved the bottom 2 buttons.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:14 AM

yeah my shift light stays off(i left it set from the factory), i was redlining, thats why it came on. evil thats sick man, i wish i was in the 200mph club, im jealous you bastard. [:@] i am in the mile high club though, beat that.

Quick Reply: high speed run today