Help with new frame for 1995 6R

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Default Help with new frame for 1995 6R

Hi,

Just new to the Kawy forum. I have managed to pick up a damaged 1995 Ninja 6R. The bike needs some TLC over the winter but I need to replace the frame as it's had some front end damage. I have had a look at the frame and it seems to be one complete frame from rear to the front. I have been looking on Ebay for a frame and they all seem to be only front end frames for 1995 models, mine looks as it the front and rear frame are one complete frame. My current frame number starts off ZX600F, can anyone give me some advice on this.
Cheers all

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 AM
1st Gear Member

yes the subframe (rear frame, wher the seat, battery, ect are) are welded on all those bikes up til about 2000ish.. to my knowledge, anyway..

all the 600's are like that. the 6-R, 6-a,b,c,d,e,f and ZZR (of this era)are all welded subframe.

sounds like it mighta been an F model with 6-R plastic? if you're wondering if everything is universal and will swap.. yes.. within reason.. most of the changes were in bodywork, but in accordance, some mounting point changed as well..

i'm not sure why you're pulling up frame-only stuff.. tat bike should be a comple frame/subframe assembly.

if theres across reference to that with a bolt-on sub, then you can use that and transfer the plastics, driveline and all that to it. should bolt right in.

i'll look around and see if i can learn anything to share with ya. i'm right most f the time.. not all the time..lo

welcome to KF!!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 AM

Majic matey, thanks for the reply. I was asking one of my mates who has 3 Ninjas !! Total nutter !!! and he explained the same as you. Although my rear sub frame and main frame is welded together I could buy a frame and rear subframe and bolt together !! i think this is my only option as I can't seem to see any complete rear and main frames for sale.
Your response is much appreciated !! I'm sure I'll be back on to look for some hints and tips as I need to strip the complete bike !!! Ahhhhhhh !!! It'll keep me busy over the winter !!
Cheers pal

Old 10-31-2008, 12:01 AM

Ahhhhh yes! You too have purchased the ever illusive one piece frame. Good luck on the search for one. I bought a bike where the guy lost the title and then i lost touch with him. Searching for that style frame will make you lose your mind,as if they dont exist anymore. I finally was able to recontact the guy i bought it from, and he gave me all info to get the title, at my expense of course. That was the best $65 usd i paid to our DMV! I did however manage to track down a junk titled frame and picked it up anyway . Now it seems i am going to sell this project off as i need to pay the mortgage!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:25 PM

Yes !! I found a full frame on Ebay for £150 !! Bargin !! Thanks for all your help

Old 11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Default 1995 6R Engine Case Damage

Hi All,

I'm changing my damaged frame on my 6R and I've noticed that the engine socket that takes the bolt from the case cover is totally f**ked !!!! Nightmaaaaaare !!!! Has anyone got advice on how to repair this ?? I'm not sure if I can weld a piece of metal onto it and drill n tap a new hole !! If I can't then the bike is getting sold for spares as I've also put a new frame onto it !!! Pain in the a**e !!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

got a pic or 3? i can probably figure something out for ya man..

Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Howde do, trying to find out how to post a pic of the engine casing on this reply !! Not sure how to get the pic on a URL, dohhhhh ! I'll find out

Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member

i use photobucket, then paste the image link here in the reply box.. should come up as a pic then..

maybe i should make a roadtrip to scotland..

thats where my mom's family is from.. not sure exactly where, but still.. it looks badass there.. she might know.. my great grandparents came right off the boat from there!