Help - fuel injection light on !

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Default Help - fuel injection light on !

Hi,
The fuel injection light has come on. Not a good sign, anyone have any ideas? it`s a 2006 model

Irecently boughtthe bike and yesterday changed the Akrapovic `SP` series end can back to the original.The light wasn`t on before but is now. It still runs perfectly well.

The question is - is it because I changed the end can? Does it now need the fueling changed? Or is it just a coincidence and an unrelatedproblem has arisen?

Any thoughts welcome - I hardly ridden it and now daren`t !!

Andy

Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help - fuel injection light on !

Did you put the exhaust servo wheel back on that is under the seat? If you did not that could be the problem. There is a buteerfly type valve on the original exhaust that regulates the back pressure. Just my thoughts on the the matter I could be wrong.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Yup did that. I put the closest the the fuel tank cable (at the servo end)to the most rearward connection on the can - is that the right way round?

Also, I took the seat off, rev`d it and the servo didn`t move at all - is that right too? Being new to the bike not sure when it moves, I guessed it was when you were high in the revs when riding or something...

I spos eall I can do is put the Akrapovic back on and see if the light still comes on, but was looking to sell it to fund new tyres and insurance...

Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I dont' have an 05-06 shouldn't the servo open up in the high rpms like 13k+ or somthing like that?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

It should open up at high RPMS. Also look at the servo when you put the key in the on position it should move then also. With the seat off you shoul hear it move. So do this take the seat off put the key in look at the servo will you turn it to the on position. You should see it move. If not I stuck. Maybe Speed knows something we are not mentioning. Look up speedracer138 if it still does not move. He might be able to point you in another direction.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 PM

Just done that. The servo does make a noise and move slightly when I turn the ignition on. I also took the actuator off the servo and found the rest position for the servo is the rest position for the butterfly valve - open I assume?

Hmmm...the light is still on! Am I right in thinking the fuelling nees changing back to suit the original can?

I`ll see if I can contact speedracer138 if he

Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Have you added a TRE? I could be way off but am still learning. Otherwise I would not think you would have mentioned the fueling aspect.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 AM

What`s a TRE? If it helps the bike`s standard (now the Akra exhaust is off).

Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

They don't make a TRE' for the ZX6R yet; I wish they did. You may have disconnected or pinched a wire when you removed & reinstaled stuff. Did you remove the exhaust servo adapter? Might have to reset the computer. Look in the manual; that light is flashing a code. Doesn't seem right that all you did was re-install the stock exhaust & the light comes on all of a sudden. Is everything connected properly? Check the plug contacts; sometimes they can get bent.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Double check the cable routing and make sure they move freely. If they are binding or restricted, the FI light will come on. Youdon't have to re-map it with the stock exhaust on but if you still have the Power Commander, you should download a stock map. Does your bike have an Oxygen Sensor? Cali model?

Quick Reply: Help - fuel injection light on !