have any of you had problems with your ecu and fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Default have any of you had problems with your ecu and fuel pump

i've been having this problem for about two weeks. after riding for about an hour the bike bucks once or twice and then cuts off. you try to start it and the fuel pump doesnt come on. You have to give it about five minutes and then your good to go for about 5-10 miles and it starts all over again. Lately i've noticed that after this happens and you Dont cyle the key, the pumpturnson by its self. i tapped really hard on the ecu and it tried to stumble. i also checked the connectors and they are clean and locked in place really good. also i've noticed that the ecu is extremely hot when this happens and since i have a muzzy pipe i'm missing the heat sheild. i think the fuel pump relay or ecu main relay which they are both inside the ecu are getting fried. have any of you had this problem with your 05-06 636's. have any of you maybe heard of any service bullitins ?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: have any of you had problems with your ecu and fuel pump

muzzy pipe on my 06, no issues

Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: have any of you had problems with your ecu and fuel pump

Try insulating the pipe under the ECU area. Actually you should get some underhood insulation and install it under the bike where the pipe goes. I have heard of the 05-06's frying PCIII's under race conditions. The under tail exhaust creates a lot of heat under the seat and heat soaks the electronics. You can also get the aluminized header wrap or get you midpipe ceramic coated tokeep heatlow under the tail.I might run a side exhaust on my 05 when I put it together.