Got busted UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

Call me the joker tonight but this forum is heavy so let's lighten it up...this one's for you DG

Speeder
This guy was speeding up the Overseas highway returning from a weekend of fishing in Key West and feeling secure in a group of cars all traveling at the same speed. However, as he went through Layton, a locally well known speed trap, he was pulled over. The officer handed him the citation, received his signature and was about to walk away when the man asked "Officer, I know I was speeding, but I don't think it's fair - there were plenty of other cars around me who were going just as fast, so why did I get the ticket?"
"I see by your gear you have been fishing." the Officer said.
"Ummm, yeah..." the startled man replied.
The officer grinned and added "Ever catch all the fish?"

Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok you asked for it.

In my honest opinion if you speed and get a ticket it is YOUR fault. You can't blame it on anyone else but yourself. I speed....hell who doesn't. But to speed and then bitch about getting a ticket is just absurd. On top of it to get pissed off a someone doing their job. In a day I have pulled over 20 plus people...(mostly not for speeding) but I have pulled people over before....say like I got a guy doing 94 in a 50 once. I'm sorry but 44 freaking miles an hour over the speed limitin a city....no way. Sorry but if you wanna do that kind of speeding hit the interstate or the track. I don't speed in city limits...there are too many things you have to watch out for. Interstate is fair game in myopinion. Butto bitch and whine about something that is your own fault....honestly I have better things to do than listen to people bitch and moan about things they have brought upon themselves. If I get a ticket I dont' tell them I'm a cop....I take the ticket....that is just how it works.YESI've gotten them!!! I paidit because I was at fault. Try to outrun the cops all you want...you can only run for so long....and you either have an accident or the radio beats you. Personally I won't pursue a motorcycle and I'll call off the pursuit because its not worth someones life...its just not. I'vepulled over3 bikes in my 5 year career and I knew they could outrun me...but they had the courtesy and common sense not to run.....and theygot a warning for it....not a hard copy. Just like if you rob a house and during the process fall and break your leg.....sorry that is yourproblem...but tell that to the guy who broke into a house inTexas and slipped on something in the kitchen that HE broke during hisburglary attempt....he sued the home owner andwon....WTF!?!?! Do I think the legal system isscrewed up...hell yes....but I don't write the laws I just enforce them..and thatis the damn truth. Don't like the law....talk to your city council or state gov't. I've been shot at, I've had knives pulled on me, I've fought people twice my size, I'vepicked up a 5 year old thats been beaten by its mother, I've given cpr to a 2 year old who stopped breathing, I've given first aid to an 11 year old who ran out in front of a car...and laid in the street with heruntilmedflight landed.....I've watched men laugh after beating their wife...I've been threatened and punched and spit on. And I get yelledat because someone was speeding...knew it but didn't want aticket they deserved....bull****! I can count on one hand how many times I've been told thank you for doing my job....the last time was a little girl who had been in a car accident.....her mom didn't think it was necessary for her to have her seatbelt on (although the mom had hers on)....so the kids head went through the windshield....and I am the one who held her head together while the paramedics arrived.....she actually made me a card....I still have it.Cops never hear thank you ...... but we keep doing our job...we keep helping people and we keep making a difference. So in the end ...yeah it pisses me off when someoneputscops down for doing the job they took anoath to do. So forgive me if I have limited bull**** tolerance.....we're only human and can only take so much.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

DG, Sorry if you were offended by anything I wrote; it was never directed at you or all the other Officers. You're right, the officer took an Oath to do his job but he Also took an Oath in front of the Judge and to God to Tell the truth and lied 2 minutes later. I have no respect for that Officer.

I'm DONE!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 AM
1st Gear Member

okay the joke obviously did not work--I hope I did not make you mad it was supposed to make ya laugh. DG, thank you for being a good person and good enforcer of the law. Thanks for protecting and serving, thanks for saving lives. It would seem though that you should not let that guy take away your sunshine if you don't want him too. He is obviously a little off in his thinking...we know there are always gonna be aholes in this world. I know the negative things are always easier to remember but in case you have not noticed you get a lot of love and respect here at KF. I would be willing to say that 99.999% of the regulars on here got your back. And we all know a squid by what he/she says in here don't sweat'em.

Don't leave us you are my Heroine

Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
1st Gear Member

It wasn't really you speed...Iit was others who put their two cents in...at least you didn't say you hated all cops....like some other people did. Yeah the officer shouldn't have lied. I make notesand sign and date my notes on the back of my tickets (there is a place for that btw) and I let the judge read them I tell the story. I haven't lost in court yet. There are crappy officers out there but not everyone fits in that category. That has been my point for quite some time now.

Edited cause I couldn't freakin spell LOL

Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yeah DG. I still LOVE YOU!! And you luscious lip pictures. Really!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Alicia you know I love you girl! I can't wait to see you on Saturday. Nobody steals my sunshine completely...just a few clouds now and then....its all good.

and THANK YOU!!! BTW gotta be ordering some stuff soon...Muahahahaha!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear Member

LMFAO..you are cracking me up speed! [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I'm gonna come to California just so I can get pulled over by you. Do you have handcuffs?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
1st Gear Member

good one speed that'll get her engine going, LMAO

Quick Reply: Got busted UPDATE!