Got busted UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

+1^ I agree with you deej. Whe I got pulled over for speeding the cop gave me 2 speeding tickets pissed me off at first but hey it was my fault and he is doing his job. I was on my buddies bike and I told the cop it was not mine and he waslike sure it ain't. Could of been less cocky. No body else was on the road.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Deej, I agree with you about the speeding then complaining. You're right, It could have been worse; We could have gotten our bikes impounded and gone to jail so I guess that's the price of doing business/ playingon the street. I totally wasn't expecting my friend to nail it when he did so I followed like an idiot knowing better. I have friends who are officers and State Troopers and have nothing against LAW ENFORCEMENT. It's Necessary with the nuts out there.I was even pulled over by another Officer (not for speeding)and we just started talking about bikes & trackdays (he rode too)and I left without a ticket. It's the FEW that ruin it for others (Officers & Riders alike.). Only thing is when we were in court, the issue of our speed never came up. The officer said that we were riding side by sidewhen we were sperated by almost 1/4 mile and actual speed was not established. Plus he told us he paced us then at the trial, said he radared us. Lying POS!We should have gotten off on that technicality and also on the officer not having any documents at allon the radar gun,certification& calibration of it. (inadmissable evidence.) I expected a "fair fight", not total made up lies. Yes, I was speeding (130 indicated at 10-15% error)but on a clear open highway and not weaving in and out of traffic or recklessly; just under acceleration. Plus, I have only gone that fast or fasteronly a few times on an empty highway.WE ALL have done it. I just expected a fair opportunity at thetrial. If I would have read some of the information available or followed some of the info posted on here, I wouldn't have needed my lawyer (who was totally incompetent; maybe on purpose.) and would have won the case on my own. Also, the jury didn't make a fair judgement (IMO)based on their preconceived stereotypes about motorcylists. Plus it was a little Redneck town too.So I have witnessed first hand our legal system and ithas me worried. He who has the best LIAR, I mean Lawyer WINS! I just hope that they can live with them selves with their actions.

So PLEASE give OUR OFFICER FRIENDS A BREAK and let's be careful & responsible out there!

Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: FuryofGreen

thats why you gotta win man!! if you do your research and prep for it, present professionally, chances are in your favor. i havent met one cop yet in this state that let me see the radar reading on the gun. ohhhh whats that, cant show me cause you didnt lockit in? *** you pay me. oh whats that it wont lock it in so i can see it? *** you pay me. house burned down? *** you pay me. dog died? *** you pay me. no disrepect to law enforcement, i agree with everything but speeding tickets, some of us are smart enough to speed, speeding and staying ahead of the pack for the 14 years ive been driving has kept me alive and well. so when police see my bike and decide they wanna bother me, not only do i make it hell for them when they pull me over cause i know im gonna beat their asses in court, but now, if im on the insterstate i have no problems running from them, if they dare chase me, they put themselves in danger with me, and i outrun them everytime. so *** em. ok ill stop ranting now. [:@] p.s. nobody consulted me when they wrote the speed limits for a particular area, those arent my speed limits, and its not like i speed in school zones or residential areas, but when im on the main roads, and the speed limits is 45, and they pull me over and say i was doing 59 or 60, *** em. i know when its safe to speed and when its not, sorry im not supporting time in a half pay for officers to be in court, and im not supporting the county or end of the month ticket quotas. *** em!! ok, now im done ranting for real this time.
This has got to be the most incoherent crap I have ever read. Why should they consult you about the speed limits when you can't even punctuate your post? It's a**holes like you that make the court system flooded because you think that the world revolves around you; face what you did and just pay your dues. It's your responsibility! Get off your high horse and keep your stupid stories to yourself. How was that for a rant?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 Million 1991

Old 04-12-2007, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Come On now people! Everyone is Passionate about their own personal Opinions and how they like to share them. I thought this was a free country!? Although we may not agree, let's not get personal or offensive. I'm pissed too (about getting the ticket and the cop lying). Did I deserve the ticket? Probably. Did my friend andI deserve a fair trial? Absolutely!

Everyone bring a different point of view to this forum. Lets respect that.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with ya speed, but sometimes people abuse freedom of speach... and dont care who is effected by what they say. I know people will never have the same piont of view, but lets have some respect for others when we rant or express ourselfs.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, I am a junkie. I cruised at 176mph when I got popped. Yes, my fault. What did I do? I got something that will go 200 mph. (still working on that). You get popped then you have to pay the price.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I can tell you that the more I read here the less I want to come here. Besides if I voiced my opinion about people, situations or whatever I would **** a lot of people off....and thats not who I am.... honestly I feel like telling everyone what I think right now but lucky for everyonein the forumsI have better manners and sense than that....unlike some others.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yes DG, we could all use a little restraint at times, in the name of respect for others. Don't let this little ??? keep you from sharing your opinion with us. It's the different valuedperspectives tha I'm looking for here.

The GOOD, the BAD, The UGLY; Choose which you want to be!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

You have made your point DG.

Quick Reply: Got busted UPDATE!