Got busted UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted UPDATE!

Heck, this place is flat & has a lot straight roads. I was on the highway went he pulled me over. I have to travel a hundre miles to find decent curves in the Hill Country towads Austin. Anyway, I am going to talk to a real attorney to see if it's even worth appealing it. If I do, I will have more ammunition (the transcript from the trial) this time.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

gd pigs have nothing better to do than *** with a couple bikers. most guys around here always try and run or atleast pull over and when the cop gets out of his car they take off. haha thats ballsy

Old 04-09-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

My worst time in court the judge told me he would throw my 17 year old *** in lockup for 90 daysif I didnt plead not guilty and come back with a lawyer. Well for my lawyer I got a former traffic court judge and father of a current traffic judge, who had been practicing law locally for at least 40 years, and knew everyone in the courthouse including the guys running the metal detectors. If you get somebody like that to stand next to you in court, they treat you a little differently than when they think your just somestreet racing punk showing off. The cop didnt even make it to the front of the courtroom before the whole thing was settled.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:50 AM

http://www.copradar.com/preview/chapt7/ch7d2.html THIS IS THE SITE THAT MAY HELP YOU OUT IT GIVES A GOOD OUTLINE ON WHAT YOU MAY WANT TO USE TO HELP DEFEND YOURSELF IN COURT READ IT GOOD AND JUST REMEMBER THEY CANT MAKE IT ANY WORSE THAN YOUR CURRENT SENTENCE.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I myself was brought up to admit when I did something wrong and take responsibility for it. I'm raising my daughter the same way. jmo...cause remember I'm just a cop..."gd pigs have nothing better to do than *** with a couple bikers"....again I love the broad generalizations brought to the forum and the cop bashing.
Still kills me that people associate everyone in the south as being a redneck. I can say this much for sure....there is definitely one redneck on this forum....andthey aren't from Texas or Arkansas. Nuff Said.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Please people be careful how you address certin people here, there are both civilians and law enforcement here who would like to keep this place a friendly atmosphier.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Jerms much love bro!

I seriously try to stay away from being ugly but I'm tired of the "f'n cop" this and "gd cop" that.....not all cops are bad and I don't appreciate all cops being thrown into one big ugly category saying that we all suck and misuse our power all the time. Its simply not true. Honestly even if the comments don't apply to you.... a person can only take so much...everyone has their limit....I've reached mine on this forum with ignorant people ranting about being mistreated by cops when they were IN FACT wrong in their actions, speeding or whatever the problem was. Do I think that there are bad cops....hell yes there are! I've turned them in!!......and its like ratting out your own brother, but our duty is to protect and serve.....and the meaning of serve to me isn't abuse of power or peoples civil rights.Its to do whatever you can whenever you can to help people out. In my career I've written less than 200 hard copies....and almost every one of them were because of an accident or speeding in a school zone with children present.....I mean if there weren't any kids at school or even outside on the sidewalk then I wouldn't give a ticket. Every other ticket was a warning. So all the bashing seriously needs to stop. Hell I'm getting royally screwed over by the state of California but I'm not bitching about it here! In the end Wrong is Wrong and I don't care if you're the pope....be responsible. Don'tdo something wrongif you can't afford the ticket, or if you're gonnado something wrongEXPECT to get a ticket. For instance there is a guy in Fairfiled who absolutely refuses to wear a helmet. The cops love him....he gets a least one ticket a week....but he isn't rude, he doesn't complain, he knows he is breaking the law and he doesn't try to get out of the ticket, he pays it. He said that if paying that ticket is all it takes to let him ride without a helmet then he'll pay it...that its worth it. No points on his license because the act isn't negligent toward someone else...in other words heis only hurting himself in the end. I wouldn't give that guy a ticket for no helmet if my life depended on it. There is NO WAY. He is an older man who has been riding foreverand he knows that he doesn't want towear a helmet....I say letthe manridew/o a helmet...and because of a great little thing called Officer Discretion I can make the decision to refrain fromgiving him a ticket. Just PLEASE stop cop bashing.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

No probs.... I'm just trying to look out for everyones best interest here. Really the bashing needs to stop. As you can see it has an adverse affect to certin people including me. I dont see law enforcement bashing us here.... Cobie is right lets be carefull or at least civil on how we talk about this subject... instead of ranting about this fn cop this and that fn pig that... not cool... I dont think I'm out of line if I said apologies are in order here.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Around here, anything over 15mph over is wreckless and they will tow your ride... I had a friend just get a ticket for 24 over, and the judge deferred it for him. He had a clean record though. So as long as he did not get a ticket for at least 90 days, then the speeding ticket would be dropped.

But no experience in that site... A lawyer would prob be a waste of money. Even if he got the ticket knocked down to 15 over, it's still wreckless. I would go in and ask to have the ticket deferred...
Hmmm since I was just on jury, we learned at least here in Washington, that speeding is not reckless driving. I know to some that might seem strange, but you can have full control of a vehicle while doing twice the speed limit or more and still not be reckless. You will get a speeding ticket, but unless you are swerving in and out of traffic, under the influence or some other unsafe act its still not reckless. I don't really agree with that statement, but then again I'm not a lawyer or a law maker.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

I went back and read a lot of the posts in here and its sad that people have to generalize other people because of what they do as a profession. Its like when people get all up in arms about their civil liberties being attacked. If you're not doing anything wrong, then why would it bother you. If you speed, shut up and pay the ticket. If you speed and endanger me or my family I will run you off the road PERIOD!! I can't stand guys that brag about doing 120 or 170 and then complain because they got pulled over. Get over yourselves.

Quick Reply: Got busted UPDATE!