Got busted UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Got busted UPDATE!

My buddy on his 04 R1 & I on my 03 ZX6R were riding in the country-side twisty roads and got busted. The Nice Officer gave us both a ticket for 98 in a 55. When my radar detector went off, I was going 130 and accelerating to catch my friend who was up ahead doing 170. I think the officer was being Nice. We both pulled over but my friend could have kept on going. I guess we have to hire a lawyer to fight the ticket. I found a website called TixNix.com. Anyone have any experience with this site?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got busted today!

Nope... never heard of it. Btw how do you exactly fight a speeding ticket, unless the officer dosent show up or he didnt fill the ticket out correctly either way it is kinda hard to get out of a speeding ticket... The judge ussualy sides with the officer in cases like this. Even more so that you guys where out joyriding and speeding on purpose, unlike driving or riding to work and ya didnt notice your speed. Anyways good luck on it, it sux I know.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

You could fight it, but like lemac said, it's unlikely that you will win in court.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

i guess u could consider the officer being nice, b/c anything over 100 is automatic jail time. but on the other hand, anything over 25 the posted speed limit is really expensive and alot of points. I used a lawyer once. it cost me 40 bucks and it didnt' help one bit, and my ticket was for 70 in a 55 in dfw. in tx, the office doesn't have to show up to court. I would pleed nocontest and PRAY the judge lets you take def. driving so the ticket doesn't go on ur record.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Around here, anything over 15mph over is wreckless and they will tow your ride... I had a friend just get a ticket for 24 over, and the judge deferred it for him. He had a clean record though. So as long as he did not get a ticket for at least 90 days, then the speeding ticket would be dropped.

But no experience in that site... A lawyer would prob be a waste of money. Even if he got the ticket knocked down to 15 over, it's still wreckless. I would go in and ask to have the ticket deferred...

Old 08-28-2006, 06:29 PM

i beat them all the time, i have court today on another one as a matter of fact. =] i have 4 pending after today. sometimes i use my traffic attorney, or if the cop was an as$hole i show up myself and beat it, like im going to today. sometimes im speeding and sometimes im actually not, and sometimes im going faster than what they tell me i was going and i have had my speedo calibrated. =] dont get discouraged, and over 100 is not automatic jail time, ive been caught doing over 100 in a few states, no jail for me.. as of yet. but now when im on the interstate, i dont stop. i will stop on local roads, but the interstate is fair game. anyway, beat the ticket yourself, theres many ways, trust me.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, how do I say this......you deserve the ticket so just pay for it. JMO

Old 08-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Harsh but true. I got a ticket pulling my bike on a trailor saturday, was in the #2 lane of a 4 lane freeway and was going 70. [:'(]

I could not even argue with the LEO[>:]

Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yup you play you pay.[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Quick Reply: Got busted UPDATE!