Gloves Break-in

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Default Gloves Break-in

So I recently purchased some leather gloves with carbon fiber knuckles (Cortech Accelerators). After watching/listening to people who have been in accidents, I figure wearing them is a good idea. Does anyone know an easy way to wear-in gloves like these. They seem to offer some great protection, but it's killing my fingers to wear them (especially my pinky finger). They can offer the greatest protection out there, but it doesn't mean much if I can't stand to operate the bike for more than 10 minutes. It seems the leather is just not willing to flex at the moment. Thanks for any info.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Default RE: Gloves Break-in

anything leather needs to be broken in and that takes time and a little discomfort. if they are that bad though it sounds like you may have gotten to small of a glove. an option is to get them wet but that may keep you from being able to return them for a larger size.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 PM

Well the problem with the next size up was that the finger tips were far too long. A few of the finger tips in the current size are still a bit too long. I'll go into the shop and see how a size up feels before I wet these down then. Does you know if the figertips can be tailored shorter on leather gloves?

Old 08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

russ make a good point. not saying its good for the leather but after i had to ride in a downpour, my gloves have been really comfortable. i actually stuck my icons in the water too. i had that pinky problem as well.

also look into that doc baileys leather stuff. i hear it works.

dont do anything if your planing on returning the gloves.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evil636

russ make a good point. not saying its good for the leather but after i had to ride in a downpour, my gloves have been really comfortable. i actually stuck my icons in the water too. i had that pinky problem as well.

also look into that doc baileys leather stuff. i hear it works.

dont do anything if your planing on returning the gloves.
I hear shaving cream works good as well. Loosens up the leather.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum; just dunk them in water and wear them; they'll stretch out to fit your hand.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

its not the shaving cream, its the water you need to rinse off the shaving cream that works

Old 08-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Saddle soap will soften up your leather gloves. I put it on all my leather gear once a year to keep it properly conditioned and on any new stuff to soften it up.

Water works but it is the ghetto way

Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: evil636

its not the shaving cream, its the water you need to rinse off the shaving cream that works

lol

Old 08-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Saddle soap will soften up your leather gloves. I put it on all my leather gear once a year to keep it properly conditioned and on any new stuff to soften it up.

Water works but it is the ghetto way
see, in the hood, you cant just walk into the local seed and feed store and pick up some sadle soap, so we improvise. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Quick Reply: Gloves Break-in