Getting my 07 zx6 finally in a few days, have a question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Getting my 07 zx6 finally in a few days, have a question

As some of you may know I was in the midst of getting my bike before last summer but was unable to because of being gone all summer, well I got cleared today, to be able to sign myself, without a co-signer since i am 21. Well with the convincing with the rents I think Im getting my bike in a few days, (LUCKY ME MY BIRTHDAY IN IN 5 DAYS) even though im paying for it monthly. So my question is this, Because I live in PA, and am thinking about moving back to CA. where i am originally from when i graduate college this year, will my bike pass emissions??? or whatever the deal is? because I know with the smog/rules with emissions they are stricter, and i have heard its better to get a bike out of the state of CA, because of the air etc. If i move there, which will prob happen will the bike pass the emissions test, or whatever has to happen, and If NOT HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST WHEN THE PEOPLE FIX THE BIKE TO BE SUITABLE ONCE I AM THERE??? ohh and btw its a black zx6, cant wait to post the pics!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Getting my 07 zx6 finally in a few days, have a question

you cant bring a bike into ca unless it has 7500 miles on it. there are no emision tests. why would you buy the bike from out of state anyways? you will not save any money because otd cyclesports will price match anyone.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ps, all the bikes are the same.....on ca models there is a emissions set up but it has been proven that it does not effect power. the only way you can bring an out of state bike in is if you can prove you are a resident of another state and had no intent to move to ca when making the purchuse....if you are from ca and gone to school it is a high probability that you would move back to ca. good luck though, i came to ca from texas and just bought my bike in ca because i didnt want to deal with all the crap.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

well i have lived in PA for 11 years now, and i have always wanted a bike, so its time to get one, but for a few yrs now i have been planning on moving back to CA since its such a better place to live by far. so i wanna move back and live there, find a job etc... so why do u have to have 7500 miles whats that rule all about??? and why does it matter if I am out of state and that is my vehicle if i am trying to live in CA. with what you said, the intention

Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I think it (7500 miles)is to prevent people from buying Non CA smog legalvehicles and bringing them in. It used to be that the 49 state & Canada bikes were faster due to hotter cams and less restrictive exhausts but now they are the same except for the extra couple of pounds of weight due to the Smog Crap.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

I think it (7500 miles)is to prevent people from buying Non CA smog legalvehicles and bringing them in. It used to be that the 49 state & Canada bikes were faster due to hotter cams and less restrictive exhausts but now they are the same except for the extra couple of pounds of weight due to the Smog Crap.
so if i have less than 7500 miles will i be able to still move to CA if like the other guy said, if i didnt intend to move to CA before i bought the bike? is this easy? im getting the bike, just for the future i need to know because i want to move back and get a job, and whatnot.,...

Old 09-07-2007, 05:43 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah it shouldnt be a problem, just research it on www.dmv.ca.gov .

Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Just keep you out of state plates until you get the miles on her. I thing your allowed 6 month (or is it 6 weeks?) before you have to register you vehicle to your new address or you can just keep your old address on fileuntil the registration expires in your home state.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 AM
1st Gear Member

actualy CA only allows you 20 days, everything is crazy here!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:07 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I have never delt with this but I think it would be ok for you. You are not living in ca when you get the bike and are not a CA resident. It should be ok to bring into ca. Like it was said before the law is to stop people who live in ca to buy a car out of state so they don't have to pay state tax on stuff on it. You can always get a used tach with some miles on it just for the registration.

Quick Reply: Getting my 07 zx6 finally in a few days, have a question