Gas Overflow

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Gas Overflow

I have an 2005 636.

Does anyone know how the gas overflow works? I was told that there is a metal tube that runs from overflow hole on the top of the tank through the tank (gas surrounds the metal tube.) down to the bottom of the tank where the rubber overflow hose connects. Does anyone know if this is true?

My bike runs fine and there are no gas leaks when it is running. However, gas will run out of the overflow line when I fill the tank. It has happened multiple times and NO gas get onto the top ridge where the overflow is. It is a very steady drip. Someone said there is probably a small hole in the top of that metal line. When the gas is below the hole where is no problems. When I fill it and gas is above the hole it leaks.

I would think the only way to fix this would be with a new tank. Any idea where I can get a new tank? Has anyone heard of this?

Old 12-10-2021, 10:34 PM
Default Aye there man ! Same issue .

Originally Posted by eztalking
I have an 2005 636.

Does anyone know how the gas overflow works? I was told that there is a metal tube that runs from overflow hole on the top of the tank through the tank (gas surrounds the metal tube.) down to the bottom of the tank where the rubber overflow hose connects. Does anyone know if this is true?

My bike runs fine and there are no gas leaks when it is running. However, gas will run out of the overflow line when I fill the tank. It has happened multiple times and NO gas get onto the top ridge where the overflow is. It is a very steady drip. Someone said there is probably a small hole in the top of that metal line. When the gas is below the hole where is no problems. When I fill it and gas is above the hole it leaks.

I would think the only way to fix this would be with a new tank. Any idea where I can get a new tank? Has anyone heard of this?
Did you ever end up finding a good solution to the problem or did you just get a new tank man? I have the same exact issue right now with my 05 636 aswell.