Fully Synthetic Oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Default RE: Fully Synthetic Oil

Really any quality oil is fine. Please, please just stay away from Motul. Really not nice stuff......just my 2c

Old 09-19-2006, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

Also, KevyzToy, Handy stands are $89 for front & rear stands
I used to have a set. The rear was ok, but the front one sucked. I use Pitbulls front and rear now.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I ran the Kawasaki oil in my bike until 2200 mi.
I then switched to Royal Purple Max Cycle 10W40 with a K&N oil filter. (K&N is $1.00 cheeper than the stealors factory Kawasaki filter)
my bike loves it. the engine temp is almost 10 deg cooler due to les friction.
I am changing my oil every 2500-3000 mi now.

The Royal Purple was hard to find and the closest cycle dealor to me is 3 hrs away.
My buddy has a performance shop in town and is a Royal Purple dealer (regular automotive stuff). I talked him in to stocking the Max Cycle and becoming a cycle dealor so he gives me a good deal on it.
The stuff is kind of spendy though.
My total oil change is about $45-$50 (oil and filter)

as far as switching your bike over just make sure its broke in and do the oil change. you just dont want to switch back to conventional oil after you run synthetic for a while. Also you dont want to switch a bike (or anything else) over to synthetic with a engine with high miles on it. a worn engine has more play in the bearing and rings due to wear and tear. The synthetic will pass by and may cause leaks and or may burn (i.e. blue smoke).
This is what i have been told, hopefully it is to some help to someone.

When i change my oil i just take the belly pan off my bike and change it on the kickstand. there will always be a little oil somewhere in the crank case but i change my oil and filter often enough to keep it clean. The synthetic oil does not brake down like conventional so as long as you have a good filter the oil will stay clean

Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I will be trying MOTUL oils in my bike. One of my coworkers is a distributor so it'll be easily available. His son races Go-Karts and the motor is still holding together while the competitions are blowing up. He's winning races too! Must be good stuff so I'll give it a shot.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:49 PM

i use full sythetic rock oil and i love it you can notice the change in shifting but hey what ever you just dont go back to semi

Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I put the Motul in JDPerez's bike and it does seem to run better. Maybe it's because the color of the oil is Green. No really. It shifts very smooth also.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM

I add Motul Semi blend in my 636. I was told the full syn is not good for our bikes because of our wet clutch, is that true? Also about the rear stand... if you have frame sliders installed use the orginal bolts that you removed and put them in the threads in the swing arm and use regular jack stands. Easy as pie. Don't forget to remove them when your done though.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:15 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Humtek

I add Motul Semi blend in my 636. I was told the full syn is not good for our bikes because of our wet clutch, is that true? Also about the rear stand... if you have frame sliders installed use the orginal bolts that you removed and put them in the threads in the swing arm and use regular jack stands. Easy as pie. Don't forget to remove them when your done though.
No that is not true. I spoke with the Motul rep and he recommends only their motorcycle oils for bikes due to the wet clutch. Motul has full sunthetics for bikes with wet clutches. He doesn't recommend the Auto Synthetic oils ( He only sells Auto Oils by the way, but gets me the motorcycle stuff) due to the lack of additives for the wet clutch. I have used Valvoline and Mobil1 full synthetic oils without any problems but then, I am not in racing conditions. I have over 10K miles on mine and am due for an oil change.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I agree that there is a diff on auto oils and rides using wet clutches along with the outdoor tempretures being run.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Oils Oils Oils....... Witch one to choose. I say find the one that looks the best or witch name you like the best lol cause basically they are all the same. they all protect as long as you change every 3k. Oh yeah you can drain on the rear stand just be sure to put her back down when you fill her up.... Dont want to put the wrong amount in. Like speed I too have a little over 10k on mine no probs.... and I use amsoil.

Quick Reply: Fully Synthetic Oil