Flipping The Clip-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

They almost have the same angle as the old style superbike bars. I just swapped my 05 suspension back to the 03 stock stuff. I should have swapped the bars too. Maybe I will later.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

would this work on an 01?

Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by speedracer138
I bet they are way more comfortable on your wrists and back?
You have no idea... i am actually upset I took this long to do this. Now i cant imagine going back to stock.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you file down mounting tabs for the plactics parts, like the throttle, starter bottons and blinkers/horn?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ratkiller
Did you file down mounting tabs for the plactics parts, like the throttle, starter bottons and blinkers/horn?
Oh I forgot to mention that part... no I didn't file down any of the tabs, instead i just drilled new holes on where I wanted them mounted. I know i could've just filed em down but then they can slide around on the bar (I know there's ways to prevent that but I didnt wanna bother with that).

Old 09-12-2008, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

can you post a how-to in the diy section

Old 09-13-2008, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ok, so everyone who is doing this says it is amazing i guess. one question though. have any of you guys taken the twisties yet with the bars like this? im worried for two things about that;
1. without the "lock" screw into the tripple tree im worried that my wieght in a turn will be to much and twist the bar on the fork.

2. does doing this effect the geometry of turns?

i ride alot in the street dont get me wrong, more than enough to justify this, however i couldent go on if i couldent feel safe in the mountians

Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sup_uni
ok, so everyone who is doing this says it is amazing i guess. one question though. have any of you guys taken the twisties yet with the bars like this? im worried for two things about that;
1. without the "lock" screw into the tripple tree im worried that my wieght in a turn will be to much and twist the bar on the fork.

2. does doing this effect the geometry of turns?

i ride alot in the street dont get me wrong, more than enough to justify this, however i couldent go on if i couldent feel safe in the mountians
I was thinking the same thing as you... well atleast the second part.

1) In no way shape or form can you put enough force on it while riding to make the clip on twist if it is torqued properly. The only difference without the lock screw is if you drop your bike the force could twist the clip on.

2) I too was scared at first that I was sacrificing handling for comfort, but Ive found it to be even better around the turns. It could be that I just was scared before or something but now I feel very confident around the twisties. I dont wanna say it again but at this point the only thing I regret is not doing it sooner.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

cool thnaks man. good winter project. +1 on a DIY write up. maybe ill have to search ebay for some clip ons. 03-04 ones are the same right?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Sup, why search ebay for clip-ons? Use the ones you have. I think I will try this on my 03. The 05-06's are have a more comfortable riding position than the 03-04's but if it helps make it better, why not

Quick Reply: Flipping The Clip-Ons