factory pro shift kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default factory pro shift kits

Hey has anyone used the factory pro shift kit ,I dont like the klunkiness of the first to second transition sometimes when going fast, I was wondering if anyone has used this kit its supposed to come with a heavier detent spring and a microbearing detent arm and a new designed shifting star with a clutch cover gasket, I was going to do this mod before I do the power commanders quick shift...05 636 too many mods to list.....

Old 01-10-2008, 06:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: factory pro shift kits

i've heard good things but haven't done it myself.
it should also help prevent damage to the tranny from mis-shifts.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I wonder how difficult it would be to install?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
1st Gear Member

pretty easy i imagine.. nothing is internal to the motor.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

You have to remove the clutch basket, needs special tools: air supply, air ratchet, clutch basket holder ,and big *** sockets...I heard you could shift with sandals on when this mod is on...not like sandals are safe or anything.....

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

After looking at their site itlooks like a great product andit sounded pretty simple to do until you mentioned air ratchet and clutch basket holder. Is thier a write up somewhere. Directions, pics or diagrams. Cause I you be very interested in the kit, but only if I could do it in my own garage.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Pretty easy to do in youre own garage, look up the kawi manual online, I will do the mod next month and post pics and final results...

Old 01-12-2008, 01:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Factory pro has a complete write-up with pictures on their website...The one I looked at was for an 03-04 though.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:44 PM

Did this to my sv650. Not hard to do if you are a half decent tinkerer. If you have adjusted your valve clearance before then you will not only have all the nesecary tools but will also find it a piece of cake. No, you do not need air ratchets to do this... for that matter... you don't need an air ratchet to do ANY job... Just makes it quicker
The kit transformed my sv transmission. No more slipping out of second under power, no more clunky shifts. That one less thing to worry about probably scored me atleast a couple thenths of a second on every lap i took... about about 5 seconds on the laps where it would have normally slipped out of second.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I need to do this to the 05 636 I just sold. It's slipping out of second big-time/ everytime under hard acceleration! Hopefully the transmission isn't crewed up. It needs one bad. Anybody have one for sale?

Quick Reply: factory pro shift kits