Exhaust sweet exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Exhaust sweet exhaust

SO I ordered a Tsukigi full stainless steel exhaust, about 4 months ago all i am getting is that its in customs in California! That sucks! So I already have installed the PowerCommander and a BMC airfilter but I Am having a hard time trying to find another exhaust to buy. Does anyone have any REAL gain #'s or have any opinions on sound. I was considering the RS-5 Carbonfiber W/cone full system in stainless, or mybe if the gains aren't worth the money any slip-on advice Akropvic, two brothers(duals do look cool), Some help would be great, I have already spent my time in the dog house with the mrs. but got no product[:@] My bike pics are in the photo gallery under username Ninjaneal.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Exhaust sweet exhaust

im in the same boat! got powercommarnder and bcm air fliter and looking for some exhaust, I hear a few cheap pipes on our bike, sounds like a tin can(im not a fan) and just today i stoped by to get 2x 4$ screws. god damn it 9 bucks and change for two small 3 c screws, anywho i was talking to the tech, and he was talking about are stock tuned exhaust and he said its better then anything out there right now is far as power(not sound) cus if you replace our exhaust we only get top end power and lose a lot on bottom. we have a valve in out muffler that changes the back pressure and when you swap it out you lose that. So if you want to go faster then 178 then go ahead, but you want hp, stick with stock or wait till some one has REAL #'s. I was thinking about taking stock off and gutting it and possibley moving the valve forward(near motor) to keep back presure the same. so thouse are some thoughts and ideas, let me know where ur at.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the post! I have heard of guys gutting the stock exhuast but they said they lost low end power. The fact that we cant find pipes f@@king sucks!!!![sm=bs.gif]
I have ordered a RS-5 Carbon with cone full stainless. I'm hoping that the full system wont take away from the low end but will see. I just moved from TN near the Dragon and know live in the Dayton, OH area, a big change in riding. Any way i'll keep ya posted on the results. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF EXHAUST TAPE HELPS?

Old 06-21-2006, 05:31 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NinjaNeal

The fact that we cant find pipes f@@king sucks!!!!
I have ordered a RS-5 Carbon with cone full stainless. I'm hoping that the full system wont take away from the low end but will see. I just moved from TN near the Dragon and know live in the Dayton, OH area, a big change in riding. Any way i'll keep ya posted on the results. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF EXHAUST TAPE HELPS?
What do you mean by that? There are pleanty of websites out there that have a bunch of different options.
www.imotorcyclestore.com
www.kneedraggers.com
www.indysuperbike.com

That is only a few of the sites that have different exhaust options. I dunno if the full system will take away from low end, it might. If it does, it should be correctable with a powercommander, which you already have. You will also notice a weight difference. I noticed it with only a slip-on. That stock muffler is freakin heavy and big. =P Here is my leo vince vs stock pipe.

Name:  pipesizes.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  31.3 KB

Old 06-21-2006, 07:47 AM
1st Gear Member

umm...gutting the stock pipe you dont loose anything low end....trust me[8D]