exhaust questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default exhaust questions...

Okay I am trying to get a good full exhaust system for my bike...i have seen some dyno charts...and what is wierd all the stock systems have different values of stock horsepower and some brag 10-20hp gain....i was under the impression that without any engine mods besides loading a custom map and a full exhaust system that i would recieve maybe 10 hp...

i am looking at purchasing this exhaust by mid summer (gotta safe alot of $$$) for 06 zx6r..now i don't want to pay more than $1800 for an exhaust...

i saw the arata full and i like but want some advice on if it is a good system...i think it said it was a racing system...

i also like the akropovic evo...my last pic would be the yoshi rs-5 because it is really cheap but don't want i think in exhaust the motto is get what you pay for...

the arata on my bike boasts that you can get 15+ hp

i know for my bike the beet is the best but cannot afford $2600 for an exhaust and expect to get velocity stacks...seat cowl and two piece suit etc...

i also really like arrow but they say i need to modify engine before i purchase because they tailor there systems to racing engine that is what they told me...

basiclly i am looking at arrow, arata, or akropovic!!! <--as you can see i still can't limit it down 8)

EDIT: I saw the arata full ti exhaust for $1599.00 + s&h at http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/arata%20zx6rr%2005%20full.htm

I ALSO SAW THE ARROW FOR $898.95!!! http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/a...20636%2005.htm

akro is $ 1646.00 at hard racing...http://www.hardracing.com/Exhaust%20.../Akrapovic.htm

Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: exhaust questions...

Check out indysuperbikes.com , they usually have good deals on exhaust too.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

well i think i am going to go with an akro evo because from what i got at hard racing they don't sell the model for my bike because the headers where cracking etc....

so i guess i am going akro or arrow!!! anybody have any feedback that they can give me???

Old 04-08-2008, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

i know someone with the ack on the zx10 and a 03 gsxr1k and they both sound and look great, dont know about performance gains. definately look into a pcIII to tune it, and also i wouldnt mess with velocity stacks, most dyno charts ive seen in real life , not the internet store crap, most people lost some horspower even after the tune.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

well i am fortunate to be able to go to factory pro in san rafael like 50 miles from my house...they got velocity stacks that with a full akro evo system i can gain up to 5 hp!!!! but the downfall is they are like 200 bucks.....but i think worth the 200 bucks if you ask me...they said they tested with a leo vince full but akro is better so i think it will be better than 5hp!!!![]

now on most exhausts they have a db killer...but from what i understand the akro evo doesn't have one...thus a non street legal exhaust because it gets up to 105db with jumper mod i think someone dyno and db tested it at the local shop and it reached like 109db...but i don't think someone in law enforcement is that up-to-date on exhausts to know the difference...[&:]

Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

E-bay just had a full new Akrapovic Evo system that went for 625.00! It was only used for dyno testing. Complete with even the tag holder. Keep an eye out for deals.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a full Arata on my Honda and LOVE IT!!! it has seen alot of track time...it likes to spit out flames!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Check out the Leo Vince Full Systems also. We have those on our racebikes and they perform & lookgreat.LV is what I'm putting on my bike. 58Cycle has deals on the LV systems. I don't think you have to worry much about the cops ticketing you for sound unless you ride at redline all the time. Those DB ratings are at Max Redline (WOT)RPM's.Also, Marc at FactoryPro knows what he's talking about and doing. I have peronally seen his work on the track. I know him from the AFM and the work he's done on some of my friendsracebikes. One was John Fryers FZ600 that won the AFM #1 plate. There is no way that bike should have been competitive but it kicked *** because of the work Marc did. The rider was very fast also!! Tell him Adam KhansaidHI next time you talk to him.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

sure thing speed will do!!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

okay so i am soo overwhelmed so many choices...and they all sound so good...i am redoing me choices since i have taken more thought into my choice...

the arrow i don't like, so i am thinking of a kr tuned or akra!!! any gripes about kr tuned??? i will keep on looking for good deals...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AKRAP...QQcmdZViewItem

it is akra full evo for 800bucks starting bid with pieces missing...i don't know which ones...which makes me just want to buy it brand new and not worry about what i am buying is actually in good shape

Quick Reply: exhaust questions...