Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust install???

WTF are "the claps"?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry i meant "clamps" check out this pic from the instructions...Also here is what the instructions say

ยท Stock exhaust system design requires removal of exhaust valve, which is welded on stock silencer. To avoid the EFI unit showing a warning message on the display (FI led on), it is required to fit the stainless steel spacers given in the fitting kit (See pic. H) on valve cables (ending parts). Using pliers, clamp the spacers around the cable: please be sure not to damage the cables themselves.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Christ. What a crap set up. Many systems, including my Leo Vince, come with a piece that replaces the cable pulley on the servo motor. That piece prevents the servo from turning, but you have to turn the key on briefly to get the motor to move 90 degree to mount the block. This way you don't have to leave the cables in either. I see that what they are trying to do is the same thing, but did you slide the clamps all the way to the cable housing and them crimp them to where the cables can't slide back into the housing?

Old 09-16-2007, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Whoops! Double post!

Old 09-16-2007, 04:23 AM
1st Gear Member

whoa, sounds like a huge PITA. let us know how it goes

Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

crap, trying to get both pics up.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: intense_05_636

sorry i meant "clamps" check out this pic from the instructions...Also here is what the instructions say

ยท Stock exhaust system design requires removal of exhaust valve, which is welded on stock silencer. To avoid the EFI unit showing a warning message on the display (FI led on), it is required to fit the stainless steel spacers given in the fitting kit (See pic. H) on valve cables (ending parts). Using pliers, clamp the spacers around the cable: please be sure not to damage the cables themselves.
ditch this entire set up and spend 50 bucks on a muzzy servo stop and do it right. thats the crappiest servo fix i ever seen. i think you can even get a fi light fix from 2 bros.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds like a plan to go with a servo fix that u guys are talking about. but also my local bike shop told me that they would find out what wiretells the brain to turn the FI light on for the servo and by pass it. it wuold still work for ne other reason to turn it on just not for the servo...what do u guys think about that???

Old 09-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

if it were that easy, the fi light fix servo stop wouldnt of been thought of and we would all just unplug the servo motor right ? i would just get the servo stop and be done with it for under 50 bucks and it cleans up the rear section with the cables and crap on it plus your not messing with electrical that doesnot need to be messed with and its probly cheaper then having them mess with the electronics.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep Muzzy or 2Brothers sells the servo stop. Buy it,it's alot easier them dealing with the cable and wiring. With the survo stop you can get ride of the cable all together, much, much eaiser.

Quick Reply: Exhaust install???