evils mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: evils mod thread

the levers feel great. i wouldnt recamend the shortys for anyone not use to useing the 2 finger method but for me there perfect. the install was a whooping 20 minutes tops. the clutch side was easier then the break side for me. i made a mark on the side case with the lever pulled in and the lever at rest, unbolted the lever, swapped bushings and regreased it up and it was done. made sure my marks lighned up and test rode it. turned the slack adjuster out 2 turns and it was golden. if anyone thinks the price of the levers is a little steep like i did, dont fret it there bad *** and the machine work on them is flawless, the fit is perfect and the anodizing on them is great. well worth the money imo.

im looking at the probolt kit right now as the targa bolts didnt quite match up with the red. im on it. lol

thanks !

Old 02-18-2006, 11:04 PM

i kinda figured u would be on it, im starting to learn that u are adicted to mods just like me. lol

Old 02-19-2006, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gotrice

any time any time lol so i see u went with blk shortys, nice choice. How do they feel? was it an easy install or what windscreen bolts lok great.

U know i just got the gold bolt kit for my bike from lockhart phillips. they also make a red kit lol do it do it lol

bike looks sweet, keep up the good work
where can I get the full red bolt kit?

Old 02-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

lockheart

targa

pro bolt

the probolt color matches the red on the le a little closer then the targa kit. not sure on the lockheart ones though. i ordered the targa ones then got my windscreen screws from pro bolt and they are a deeper darker anodized red then the targa ones.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

more goods.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

incase your wondering about pic # 2 heres what and why.

on a sadder note, i installed me break lines and the damm things leak like a sumbitch and i had to modify the front break lever (pazzo) because the tab that hits the break light switch got bound up on the line. yeah good times. tomarrow im going to replace the crush washers on the master cylinder side and rebleed them and see if the seeping stops. i allready hit it with the torque wrench and any more and by by banjo. i did get a quick test ride in and damm 70 % better and a hell of alot more feedback from the breaks. it actually feels like the rear brake works now. werd.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

I put air into my rear so it would decrease its ability to lock up. Rear brake is just dangerous IMO and not really needed. Braking consist of 100% front.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

totally agree. i use the fronts 99.9999 9 % of the time, rear if im on a hill stopped and thats it. but when it was stock i tried to lock it up and it wouldnt skid, now it does and it has a little better feel to it. i only tried it because i put the new lines on.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

I here ya. I put new lines on mine and I swear it was a pain in the ***. Bleeding sucks[:@] Sure looked cool and was worth it, no more spongy feeling afterwards.

Quick Reply: evils mod thread