Easiest way to make bike steer quicker ('06 636)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Easiest way to make bike steer quicker ('06 636)

Glad to here the bike is turnning better for you. Sounds like you got her dialed in for now.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Notstock
Nice [sm=badbadbad.gif] sorry I had to racedoll
So this is what I get for being honest? I'm not quite sure how to take it.

Thanks for link xrider. I actually went to Kawasaki and asked them for some settings. They are supposed to be emailing me back. I just emailed my contact yesterday.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Best setting! Set your sag and then make small adjustments from there. If your contact does not tell you to start there then losse thier #.

It was a compliment!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:32 AM

Thanks Notstock. If my contact doesn't follow through, which I'm 99.99% sure they will then I will have my hubby help me. He was a little P.O.'d that I contacted Kawasaki directly without asking his help. I figure they would have a set guideline where with him it's just trial and error, and I'm not too comfortable about the error part.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

It is easy just follow these instructions. Afterwards you can experiment with a little softer or stiffer.

http://www.roadracinghelp.com/TechAr..._sag_setup.htm

Old 08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Racedoll, go with Notsocks advice on this one. The dealer/ contact will only tell you what the specified setting is as stock which is already setup that way. Set your sag and the preload will be just right for you. Then you can play around with the dampening so suit your riding style & conditions.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

Racedoll, go with Notsocks advice on this one. The dealer/ contact will only tell you what the specified setting is as stock which is already setup that way. Set your sag and the preload will be just right for you. Then you can play around with the dampening so suit your riding style & conditions.
Thanks guys. I will keep this advice all in mind. I contacted Kawasaki in CA for this one, not just the dealer. I hardly trust the dealer to change my tires let alone anything else. I spoke with a guy in person when we had the Kawasaki Track Day at Mid-Ohio a couple weeks ago and he is supposed to respond back with some numbers and an explanation on another question.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Great! Keep us posteed on what you learn/ find out.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yes please post back what youi learn. Did you contact the Kaw corp in Irvine? Just curious I recently meet someone who works there.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:24 PM

It's kind of a long story so here is the shortest version:

I met a guy at the Cleveland MC show a few years back.
I emailed him my questions a couple months back, knowing he would have to forward them to someone else.
Another guy called me regarding that email. He just so happened to be at Mid-Ohio for the Kawasaki day the Wednesday before the AMA races. So I met him in person.
He then introduced me to another guy there.
That guy told me to email my questions to him along with my dyno sheet (one of my questions was regarding that). He is supposed to talk with the tech guys and get back to me.
He said they have some numbers from testing they have done to give me a baseline to start with - based on MY weight.

I really only need it for one track that I go to because it's so darn rough. Mid-Ohio is beautiful now that it's paved. I had no issues there with the suspension being too hard. I'm sure it could be better though, but I had absolutely no complaints.

Yes, I'll keep you guys posted. I was impressed they called, came down to see the bike (on the Kawi day), looked at my dyno sheet, etc, etc. They seemed to have a geniune interest in answering my questions and such.

Quick Reply: Easiest way to make bike steer quicker ('06 636)