DYNO TUNNING

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Default DYNO TUNNING

I just scheduled an appointment to get my bike dyno tuned, at the cost of tunning me for $250.00. Is this worth it? The shop is one of the best around. Fast By Ferracci. http://www.ferracci.com/ I am not looking for just power gain, but to make sure my mixture is correct. what do you guys think

Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: DYNO TUNNING

that seems to be about the going rate for a custom map from what i have seen. as for it being worht it? it depends do you think your bike is running rich/lean? are you going to be racing it? if you answered yes to either question then the answer is yes. to get all u can out of it have an aftermarket air filter and at least a slipon if not full exhaust. i wouldnt wate my money if the bike is stock but im guessing it isnt

Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: grafhky52

I just scheduled an appointment to get my bike dyno tuned, at the cost of tunning me for $250.00. Is this worth it? The shop is one of the best around. Fast By Ferracci. http://www.ferracci.com/ I am not looking for just power gain, but to make sure my mixture is correct. what do you guys think
Let me know how it goes. I have the same mods as you, but with a BMC filter. I'm thinking about scheduling a dyno session myself and getting a custom map as well on the PC. Though the map FuelMoto sent me seems to be working well I want to see how much more I can squeeze out.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member

That is about the going rate for a Dynotune around here. If you have after market performance mods you will gain a couple more ponies out of the custom map. I gained 2 more HP with my custom map.
Name:  FSCN0254.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  38.6 KB

Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grafhky52

FBF! TheyARE the best around! I have a killer map for my bike from them.Definitely worth the $250 for their work. Ask them what they recommend for your bike.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 PM

just picked up my bike today. so I am giving an update. with the slip on, air filter and pcIII it was making 118.28 hp and 49.54 ftlbs after dyno tuning by FBFbike is making 123.70 hp and 52.00 ftlbs.more than i expected to see. I will post a copy of the chart shortly. I would say this was worth it. little damp and chilly today so i will let you know how she feels after I get out on it next

Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

DAMN! Those are very impressive numbers even before the Dyno! You got a freak of a bike! Man, I gotta get that 05 motor in mine soon. Did they use a Dynojet dyno? Those HP numbers are racebike #'s.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Those are crazy numbers! You know what they say, ever dyno is different. Congrats on the great numbers, I bet she screams now !

Old 04-27-2007, 10:36 AM

what 123 my friend here in the UK did mine and i got 106 just like mikes i will get my dyno sheet and post it the a/f is alittle better than mikes. i am going with that guys dyno is a super dynoor he fluffed his numbers. i have 111 with my 03 honda and thats custom cams, full exhaust, pcIII, ingintion modual, racefilter, race air ducts, and i had a soft race tire on that day too so that robed a few ponys.with head work ithink i can get 123ish out of that motor. as long as your bikefeels much better than it did than its a good tuner. numbers are just that numbers its all on how it feels.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I have heard HP numbers this high on a 636 bike with the Race kit ECU, pipe & airfilter. FBF is very good at what they do and some bikes are more powerful than others. Plus this is a 636 and your CBR is a 600 so it is possible to achieve those numbers. Also some dyno's are more optimistic than others. I think Cycle World did an article that was discussed on a post here on a Hypercycle built636 (665) that produced 141 HP!

Take a look at this: http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/zx636.htm

Quick Reply: DYNO TUNNING