cutting fairing for frame slider

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Default RE: cutting fairing for frame slider

I really just can't bring myself to cut into my fairings. If I ever drop it I may regret it. At a minimum I will keep my wife far away from my bike.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the frame sliders from shogun...and was cautious about cutting the fairing...but it went really easy.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 PM

I went with the Shogun set from Superbike Supply. Cutting the fairing went much easier than I expected and that was the first time I cut something in that manner. Just took time and patience; take a little off at a time. I never heard of a no-cut saving a bike during a high speed crash, but I guess it depends on how you ride and what you're willing to gamble.

Old 03-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Green_05_636

I went with the Shogun set from Superbike Supply. Cutting the fairing went much easier than I expected and that was the first time I cut something in that manner. Just took time and patience; take a little off at a time. I never heard of a no-cut saving a bike during a high speed crash, but I guess it depends on how you ride and what you're willing to gamble.
I did the same and it was easy.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:58 AM
1eo

Hello, I just got a '05 636 ... so far very happy

But... could someone explain why a 2005 bike would still need to be modified so people can use frame sliders???? it just doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm sure there most be a logical reason?![sm=dontgetit.gif]

Thanks!
Leonardo

Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 AM
1st Gear Member

because not all people put sliders on their bike. My boss finally got his on after 2 years....and made me put on the no cut sliders on his bike....cuz he didnt want any holes on it.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:29 PM
1eo

ORIGINAL: txredneckmedic

because not all people put sliders on their bike. My boss finally got his on after 2 years....and made me put on the no cut sliders on his bike....cuz he didnt want any holes on it.
That's not a good reason... "not all people ride with a passenger" would it be okay if you needed to cut the tail fairing to allow passengers in your bike? The fact that not everyone would use them it doesn't mean that Kawasiki's design shoud not take that into consideration.

also, were can I get the Vortex frame slider? I have seen a few sites, but they are all 03-04.... Will those fit the 05-06???

leo

Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 PM

I agree 100%. If this part is that helpful then you should be able to mount it without cutting up your bike. Hell, Kawi should sell the bike with it already on. I have bought several after market parts for mine and haven't altered the bike in any way that I couldn't go back and set it up like it came from the factory.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

If you dont want to modify the fairing....then get the no cut sliders....but weve already warned you that they dont work as good. Ive seen first hand the benefit of sliders. I wont own a crotch rocket that doesnt have them. Besides i think it makes the bike look better

Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 PM

Yes I have been warned and I decided not to get either att. I respectfully disagree with it making the bike look better. Most of the cosmetic mods the guys in this forum are doing is to eliminate anything "sticking" out on the bike. To make it look more like a race bike. Do race bikes have frame sliders? They probably do, I don't know. Everytime I see those things sticking out on the side of someone's bike it reminds of the foot pegs on my kids bicycle. I came close to buying the no cut frame sliders. I had some picked out and in a cart on a website but after reading the feedback in here I changed my mind. I just can't see how frame sliders will help "that" much. If you have them and your bike goes down you are telling me that no part of the fairing gets damaged? I find that hard to believe. If it just saving it from the occasional fall in the garage then I will just have to be more careful. I can't help but wonder if I'm off base on this cuz it seems like most of you have them on your bikes. If it is for the "look" only it's not for me.

Quick Reply: cutting fairing for frame slider