current mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Default current mods

ok so today i took my bike to my buddies shop and we both worked on it because i dont have my own tools and i like working on my own sh*t. i installed the bmc air filter which is bad ***. it gives the bike a whole different sound and it runs like a champ. i just now have 10grand on my bike and this was the first filter change so mine was pretty dirty cause i ride everyday. i also changed out my plugs to ngk iridiums we also removed my power commander III cause it took a dump and dynojet is replacing it and i will be custom mapping the new one on the dyno. im excited as hell about that. i also ordered bar end sliders and those are going on monday and my custom stainless brake lines werent done yet so that will be this next week too. needless to say the ride home with the new plugs and air filter (even without the power commander) was loud and powerful, torquey as sh*t. i hauled *** all the way home and the bike is running damn near perfection. [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 09-22-2006, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: current mods

Congrats on the mods. The bmc filter's 'sposed to kick ***. I'd already ordered my K&N when I read about it, or I'd've gotten that instead. Post some pics of those custom brake lines when you gettem.

My bike's just about finito. Put on some rearsets 2 weeks ago -Valtermoto: cheap, minimalistic, but let you lean over without scrapin pegs or toes. Just put on my pazzo levers last night, and I have some Galfer lines I'll put on this weekend. Then.....she's done......for now.

How's the ridin out in Virginy?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:28 PM

so do you think bmc is better then K&N then? cause i was gonna get the K&N...there cant be that much difference between the 2 right? congrats on the bike running near damn perfection haha

Old 09-22-2006, 11:41 PM

damnit i wish i was riding in virginia, i gotta change that, im in south florida, the roads here suck for twisties.. but um yeah all my tech and racing friends run bmc instead of k&n, i havent done the research, i dont know the specifics, i just went with the masses here and got the bmc. its amazing how much louder and different sounding the bike is now!!! caaaaahrazy!! gsims did you get the pazzo lever group buy? i tried to order them but the deal was over. i want those levers,(shorties) how ya like yours? im putting dot 5 brake fluid in my lines once i get my lines made. ill take pics when i get em on. i cant wait to get my power commander back on and custom map it on the dyno, thats gonna be so bad ***. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-23-2006, 12:01 AM

i got the black pazzo shorties with gold tabs, they look nice as h***, and before i took the bike to the shop i got to fool around on it a little, theyre work great, feel so much better then the stock levers...haha i just moved to vegas from daytona beach, there aint s*** for riding there either[:'(]

Old 09-23-2006, 12:12 AM

yeah i come to vegas a couple times a year i was supposed to be there(southern highlands area) tues but cancelled it. yeah i want some levers... levers and the dynojet ignition module are next, then a scotts or gpr damper.. havent decided yet. after that i think im done. heh, im sure ill find something else though.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 AM

theres never enough stuff for your bike man, theres always something you can do to it, i want the akra full tita. and dynojet next, hopefully if i get the job at the dealership ill get a hell of a deal on it

Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Somewhere on here is info on the two filters, but if I remember right (and in a nutshell) both filters are actually made by the same folks - they're both good but the BMC is supposed to breath more then the K&N....the string was a coupla months back though, and my brain cells die at an alarming rate!

Old 09-23-2006, 12:23 AM

yea but breathing more means more stuff passes through, that can harm your bike...??

Old 09-23-2006, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I think consensus on the forum was that if you're running BMC you should probably run a Power Commander too - definitely, if you have aftermarket exhaust - or you'll be running lean. Of course the final combination makes for mean running/sounding machines! I'm running K&N and Two Brothers exhaust - sounds pretty wicked.

Quick Reply: current mods