corvette vs. my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Default corvette vs. my bike

ya know...i wasn't really expecting to see the headlights of this car in my mirrors so close...i turn around and see it's a corvette. "okay, this guy wants some," i thought. so i punch it. get to the light....he's right there. "wow, i'm impressed." after skidding to a stop at the light and turning on to my road i see him behind me again. so i punch it. the front comes up in first. then i shift to second and the front comes up again. after i shift to third i look back and still see his f-ing headlights! by then i run out of road and skid to a slow pace as i pull into my parking lot. i see him stop and think, "oh crap...is this an undercover cop?" so i put it into neutral and turn around. he gets out of his car and says, "nice bike." as i return the favor and say, "nice car," his '00 (or so) black corvette starts moving as he's standing next to it. he then says, "thanks man," as it rolls into the curb in front of my house. i wonder what he did to that thing...i guess it's time for more mods.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: corvette vs. my bike

mmmmmm Corvette [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 04-07-2006, 04:55 PM

haha ya know what that really surprises me. A new Z06 "might" come close to doing that with 505 hp out of the box. And you said that was an 03? That guy must have put a lot of $$$ into that vette! If that happened to me id probably take out a loan on my house and work that bike to the core. Go for it!

Old 04-07-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

It really doesnt surprise me. Unless youve been riding for a while theres no way your gonna be able to use these bikes to their full potential, and i have a feeling that is what happened here.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Uh, it isn't hard to go fast in a straight line well.....Twisties, different story, but I don't think you need to be a pro to know how to hit the gas and hold on.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:51 PM

those vettes are quick, but you should still pull the car pretty easy unless he has major mods.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:59 PM

i think i'd have to agree with txredneckmedic...i never push my bike that hard and i was punishing the rev limiter. from what i've read...the new vets are pretty badass. i think it was an '03 but keep in mind...i was about to **** my pants, it was 2am (dark), and i was paying more attention to his car rolling into the curb. track time! anyone know where i can get a good set of leathers and boots?

Old 04-07-2006, 06:18 PM

u gave the rev limiter hell? like texredneck said, even tho straight line, theres BIG diff in times in a beginner and pro, and just for my 2 cents, u should shift before u hit the rev limiter, that might help some

Old 04-07-2006, 06:29 PM

i have to agree with eklipse. sounds like you were to busy worrying about the vette instead of riding.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

The older 00 vettes are rated top speed of 172 plus. The newer ones are even faster and with a good driver, he could make you look bad in a straight line/ freeway. The vettes top end is higher that the 636's but a ZX10 will leave it in the dust. My Supervisor has one that he's put a lot of money into and I wouldn't run him in a straight line. The twisties is a different story. Also stoplight to stoplight, they're pretty quick, even without a good driver. Choose your battles carefully. If a guy pulls up next to or behind you and wants to race, he's either got a suped-up/ fast car or is stupid if it's a Hyundai or something. Even the little tuner import cars are pretty quick but don't have the top end. You gotta be a very good rider to beat some of these cars with very good drivers.
One more VERY IMPORTANT WARNING! STREET RACING CAN GET YOU OR SOMEONE KILLED!
So, Let's be careful out there!

Quick Reply: corvette vs. my bike