Cor people sure sell you stuff quik but won@t help you

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Default Cor people sure sell you stuff quik but won@t help you

I'm pulling my hair out, i broke my footrest hanger that holds the gear link on my 99 zx6r, i managed to locate 1 £40 notes less than a new oem part but the heel plate bolts didn't fit, contacted the bloke got hanger off no reply, and as not sure of threads i drilled and tapped holes out to m8's same thread as hanger bolts and heel plate bolts through brake piston on other side, got some new hex bolts but as had dome heads looked odd, so i thought i try the hanger bolts and 1 from the rear brake piston/ heel plate and found the unthreaded flank to be longer, so i milled it down and rethreaded, i used these two bolts as a hanger 1 is just the right lenth for one of the left heel plate holes and the longer one was easier to work on and cut down, all the hard work is done but to finish the job i just need to replace these bolts and guess what all the breakers on ebay don't bother answering either can't be bothered or not enough money and the bloke i got hanger off iv given up on, i just need a kawasaki head rear brake piston/heel plate bolt 30 mm m8 thread and a footrest hanger bolt 20mm m8 thread can anyone please help me

Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

DUDE! Break it up a little, welcome to the forums, and give us an introduction in the new member's area. LOL I hear your frustration, but to be honest I got almost nothing from that post. Of course I am a mole, and don't know much about the road bikes.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snidge
I'm pulling my hair out, i broke my footrest hanger that holds the gear link on my 99 zx6r, i managed to locate 1 £40 notes less than a new oem part but the heel plate bolts didn't fit, contacted the bloke got hanger off no reply, and as not sure of threads i drilled and tapped holes out to m8's same thread as hanger bolts and heel plate bolts through brake piston on other side, got some new hex bolts but as had dome heads looked odd, so i thought i try the hanger bolts and 1 from the rear brake piston/ heel plate and found the unthreaded flank to be longer, so i milled it down and rethreaded, i used these two bolts as a hanger 1 is just the right lenth for one of the left heel plate holes and the longer one was easier to work on and cut down, all the hard work is done but to finish the job i just need to replace these bolts and guess what all the breakers on ebay don't bother answering either can't be bothered or not enough money and the bloke i got hanger off iv given up on, i just need a kawasaki head rear brake piston/heel plate bolt 30 mm m8 thread and a footrest hanger bolt 20mm m8 thread can anyone please help me
wow, you milled it down but you do not have a hardware store locally for the m8?

good luck on the find. Stay with the basics, and welcome to KF.

edit: hope that I read this correctly.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:16 PM

wrong heads, could find any to match at the nuts n bolts palce

Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome, dude dragone got farther than me i went crosseyed and couldent finish to hlp with the problem

simple double click the return button and you are set to go

Old 06-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

oatmeal is yummmy :confused smiley:lol

Old 07-04-2010, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

if you want the proper hardware you will have to either buy them used from someone or pay an arm and a leg to get them from Kawasaki. Been there done that.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

or dig through your garage or the local hardware store till you find something close enough to work.