competition werks fender eliminator gripe

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default competition werks fender eliminator gripe

for those of you who have this installed, did you install the guide which is bolted to the chain guard?
I dont think i am. it doesnt freakin fit! maybe i got a defect or something. there are 2 holes. one goes in a bolt on the chain guard and the other slips over the chain guard guide grommet thing.
the wholes do not line up. i could bend the crap out of to get it to fit. i am going to call comp werks tomorrow..just in case you were thinking about buying it...i would keep that in mind. thing was freakin expensive too...it is a nice fit otherwise. looks very awesome. OH! and the directions on the supplied turn signals say to connect the black wire and white wire....they are both white! they both light up the turn signal. so...who knows. the directions say if you get them wrong it will eventually burn out the light. jesssh.

$178 later it looks dope!(minus metal guide bracket).
[this is for aftermarket exhaust setup]

Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: competition werks fender eliminator gripe

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:05 AM
1st Gear Member

so here is the scoup. Comp Werks said to send him pics and he will send me a new piece..no gripe there. i am confident they will hook me up if i want. the problem is i installed the license plate assembly already and that final piece was vital according to CW. the pics enclosed show the misalignment of the bracket. because that was the last piece of my mods so i could test drive(yoshi CF slipon, power commander, K&N) i decided to do some primitive metal work with a pair of vice grips lol...got it bent to fit..didnt look to pretty but it worked and is not visable. i am going to send the pics to CW in hope they investigate for future newbie installers. by the way....my bike feels freakin awesome. i cried a little while blasting down the free tonight.

pictures of problem:

[IMG]local://upfiles/2197/769852817DBB43E1AB4524091230CFB6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2197/34C0999BBB794921AD74B7E6CFF456F9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
1st Gear Member

WOW! That's a major blunder on their part. At least you got it together though.[8D]

I hope you weren't crying so much that your visor fogged over.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I bought the exact same kit for my bike with no problems at installation. I think they may have sent you the wrong part. I can't complain at all about the kit, and I get a lot of complements on it. Comp Werks will take care of you, they're a good company, sorry for the bad luck.

p.s. those included turn signal lights look like crap. Mine are still sitting in the plastic they shipped in, and won't be put on until I'm told otherwise

Old 04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daves_636

so here is the scoup. Comp Werks said to send him pics and he will send me a new piece..no gripe there. i am confident they will hook me up if i want. the problem is i installed the license plate assembly already and that final piece was vital according to CW. the pics enclosed show the misalignment of the bracket. because that was the last piece of my mods so i could test drive(yoshi CF slipon, power commander, K&N) i decided to do some primitive metal work with a pair of vice grips lol...got it bent to fit..didnt look to pretty but it worked and is not visable. i am going to send the pics to CW in hope they investigate for future newbie installers. by the way....my bike feels freakin awesome. i cried a little while blasting down the free tonight.

pictures of problem:

What the heck is that thing for/ supposed to do? That came with the fender eliminator or is it the chainguard eliminator?Looks like they messed up during manufacturing.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

yea..lights arent all that great but better than the stock rear handlebars...hehe
the license plate bulb lights like the sun!
i have the clear alt integrated tail light...havent put it back in..not really digging the quality of the plastic compared to stock.
works for now. plus might keep california highway patrol off of me.
I am not upset with comp werks. they do make a primo product and the metal is sturdy as hell.

ORIGINAL: nemo636

I bought the exact same kit for my bike with no problems at installation. I think they may have sent you the wrong part. I can't complain at all about the kit, and I get a lot of complements on it. Comp Werks will take care of you, they're a good company, sorry for the bad luck.

p.s. those included turn signal lights look like crap. Mine are still sitting in the plastic they shipped in, and won't be put on until I'm told otherwise

Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

i think the brack is supposed to keep your plate from rubbing on the tire when your rear suspension compresses. it sort of guides the plate away from the tire. most bike have rear huggers.
well my friend CBR 1000 does so his kit didnt come with a bracket.
the entire assembly is sort of flexible so it wont get caught underneath the bike under hard compression.
i would have sent it back but i needed my bike.
vice grips work wonders for bending metal.

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

ORIGINAL: Daves_636

pictures of problem:

What the heck is that thing for/ supposed to do? That came with the fender eliminator or is it the chainguard eliminator?Looks like they messed up during manufacturing.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

here is a pic of mods in progress. i didnt put on the bracket yet and i am still putting on the plastics. going to take some pics of her all done.
i do love the sound of the yosh

[IMG]local://upfiles/2197/FD6BF399F5D743BEA6CDFD868ACDC3C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-15-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Okay, I get the picture. Nice looking pipe btw. Love that Carbon Fiber.

Quick Reply: competition werks fender eliminator gripe