Bike won't start :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Default Bike won't start :(

Got up this morning went to turn on, it turned on yay!!!....let it sit for a min a warm up then went back to leave and gave it little throttle and the it died... went to turn back on on nope.....so now its 5:10PM and still no worky...tried to jump it and nothing, even went and added another gallon of teh supreme and nada.....nothing comes to mind i didn't ride all weekend so i think she was mad at me.....anywho it rained yesterday so the only thing i can think of is some water got into the intake and when i went to give it throttle it sucked some in but thats like my last resort lol im glad i got warranty......../rant

Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Default RE: Bike won't start :(

maybe plug cables got wet ?, fuel pump went out what was the problem was it fixed already ?

Old 09-13-2005, 02:52 AM

nope not fixed yet...i guess its possible plug cables got wet...and no it was not fixed yet

Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 AM

does it make a cranking noise? if so look for fuel or spark. If no cranking noise check battery cables/ battery

Old 09-14-2005, 05:02 AM

Shibby you need to be more specific.
Does the engine still crank over? or is your battery low or dead. If you fired it up and let it sit just idling, you could have loaded up the plugs and fouled one or more. Another possibility would be the battery had enough juice to crank it over the first time but not enough after it died. A common misconception of some is the fact that the charging system doesn't begin to recharge a low or dead battery until the motor is at or above 4 to 5K RPM. Idling doesnt count, especially after only a minute.

Make sure the battery is charged 100% and you have spark to all your plugs, fresh fuel helps too.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Well its at the shop b/c i had to get the 4k service done anyway so yea..ill keep yall updated

Old 09-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

so dude, any word on the out come on your bike? what was the problem, why it wouldn't start?

Old 09-14-2005, 07:25 PM

Still @ shop....called yesterday...since I missed my apt. it won't get looked at till tomorrow probably miss my bike

Old 09-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

oh man that sux.... i hate being with out my bike for more then a day....[:@]

Old 09-15-2005, 09:57 PM

Update:

Bikes done...turned out water was in the gas tank..

How is that possible you ask? Well I had the bike outside like usual and it rained there for the rain got in the tank.
Thats impossible! Oh but is it? When I went to add more gas (b/c I thought maybe I was low) there was water along the rim of the cap area

So now they're (by they I mean the Co. I purchased teh bike from) now calling Kawasaki to see if water in gas tank will be cover'd..if they happen to say "no" im pretty much gonna tell them that im not gonna pay for the service b/c thats bull**** and if they want to argue I can kick him/(hopefully not a her I don't like to be mean to girls) in the mouth w/ my shifting foot and give me my mother *ucking bike back ga damnit!

Quick Reply: Bike won't start :(