? for anybody that can wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ? for anybody that can wheelie

lol loo... always feels good when it rises!! lol... ya, there's not a better feeeling in the world.. except maybe, um, ??? lol

Old 05-05-2006, 12:47 AM

dont want to affend anyone but to me power wheelies are way unstable and scary for a beginer, i mean if your talking about just getting the wheele off the ground a couple of inches just to get the hang of it thats cool but in first gear and chopping the throttle very dangerous i recomend with your bike to be in 2end get to about 35 or around 7k and play with the clutch im not saying pop it just yet but play around if you know what i mean get the front wheel off the ground little more at a time.
The hardest thing about wheelies is the ***** at the begining your going to feel so scared that its gonna go all the way over, but once you get over that fear it actually comes easy, when it gets into the ballance point it kinda jerks into place thats also kinda scary.
Ohh me my self i dont recomend 1st gear wheelies way to choppy i dont mess with them but then again i only learned about a month ago i got good fast cause im kinda stupid about i do it almost every time im in second know a month latter and i can do stand ups with my left foot on pass peg.
But on the other hand i DONT recomend wheelies at all i wish i had never learned how theres been more times than i would like to mention that i almost hurt me and my bike.

hope this helps sorry for puncuation and spelling.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: murphmaster5

dont want to affend anyone but to me power wheelies are way unstable and scary for a beginer, i mean if your talking about just getting the wheele off the ground a couple of inches just to get the hang of it thats cool but in first gear and chopping the throttle very dangerous i recomend with your bike to be in 2end get to about 35 or around 7k and play with the clutch im not saying pop it just yet but play around if you know what i mean get the front wheel off the ground little more at a time.
The hardest thing about wheelies is the ***** at the begining your going to feel so scared that its gonna go all the way over, but once you get over that fear it actually comes easy, when it gets into the ballance point it kinda jerks into place thats also kinda scary.
Ohh me my self i dont recomend 1st gear wheelies way to choppy i dont mess with them but then again i only learned about a month ago i got good fast cause im kinda stupid about i do it almost every time im in second know a month latter and i can do stand ups with my left foot on pass peg.
But on the other hand i DONT recomend wheelies at all i wish i had never learned how theres been more times than i would like to mention that i almost hurt me and my bike.

hope this helps sorry for puncuation and spelling.
Nice input murph. If you do not mind ne asking how many times have you dumped it while learning.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:35 AM

watch this
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91590638402466

Old 05-05-2006, 03:13 AM

Knock on wood i have yet to lay her down came dame close about 4 times it comes with the territory.
everyone tells me that There are riders that heve wrecked and there are riders that are going to wreck, i realy hate that saying but its true.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

there is a nice thread around here somewhere that explains in detail how to wheelie. something people haven't talked about is gearing. on my 7 with stock gearing, power wheelie is almost impossible and clutching up 2nd just won't happen. I have to start a wheelie in first at 7k at around 30ish mph. i raise the rpms up to about 10k and drop the clutch, the first(about a months worth) that came up more than like a foot off the ground scared the bajesus out of me, but once i started holding the throttle once it came up and not immediatly letting off, its gotten alot easier to control the height and ride it out. i haven't tried a gear change yet, but its coming. i know that if you do a -1+2 on a 636, you can clutch second gear pretty easily. be around 6k or so and clutch up maybe to 8k and it will come up. G/R doesn't seem to have any problems getting it up without revving up too much.
note my 7 is extremely front end heavy so my first gear wheelie seems like a second to anyone else.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:48 AM

shhhhhhhhhhhh darn u i dont wheelie. thats not legal. lol Yeah i was into the power wheelies for awhile but now i am clutching it and loving it. It comes up easy 99% of the tiny wheelies are just me being a puss. I know im bound to loop it but i tell u what when that front end is up, im mean up, its a pretty damn cool feeling, me likey lol

be safe but also be prepared to go down

Old 05-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Sweet find bro.

Murph, glad to here that.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:58 AM

i dont think anyone posted this on here yet but this was a thread that was on here a while back.....this explains a lot on how to wheelie and such

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_27292/tm.htm

Old 05-06-2006, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Great video!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ? for anybody that can wheelie