? for anybody that can wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Default ? for anybody that can wheelie

how fast did you guys go when you started learning to pop wheelies, what were the rpms at and in what gear? what's a god start for this bike? anyone point me in any direction? thanks guys!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ? for anybody that can wheelie

2nd gear about 25-30 mph, chop the throttle and quickle hit it full on and she will come right up. Do not for get to cover the rear brake just incase.

Some like to clutch it up but I have not tried that.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:24 PM

If I recall from a previous post, this is your first bike isn't it? If my memory serves me correctly, then take it slow and don't rush into anything new or try something outside your limits! When the front wheel goes up it comes down one of two ways, with the bike upright, of the bike on it's side. Not a fun day if the latter happens with your new bike, and fixing em ain't cheap either... Just something to think about...

Old 05-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

man, that bike should power wheelie pretty easy.. I would start off power wheeling first until you get the hang of landing and the feel of it... I like slow wheellies myself.. around 15 mph, 1st gear, clutch it...... If you are going to do fast wheelies, then you might think about a steering stabilizer 1st....

Old 05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

man, that bike should power wheelie pretty easy.. I would start off power wheeling first until you get the hang of landing and the feel of it... I like slow wheellies myself.. around 15 mph, 1st gear, clutch it...... If you are going to do fast wheelies, then you might think about a steering stabilizer 1st....
EXACTLY !! POWER WHEELIES ARE THE EASIEST TO GET A FEEL FOR BUT AT SPEED CAN SHOCK THE **** OUT OF YOU. start out small, just getting the front end up in a straight line at speed and slowly roll back off the throttle. imo power wheelies are more fun then standing the bike up, especially coming out of a corner. go try it.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Explain your clutch technique please!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

When I'm moving along at 15 mph or so, in 1st gear, pull the clutch just enough to release pressure, rev up to about 10 grand, and smooth the clutch out.. don't dump it, but rather let it out quickly but smoothly while holding the rpms up.. then woop, she'll stand right up for ya, then it's just a matter of playing with the rear brake and throttle to maintain the BP...

Old 05-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

When I'm moving along at 15 mph or so, in 1st gear, pull the clutch just enough to release pressure, rev up to about 10 grand, and smooth the clutch out.. don't dump it, but rather let it out quickly but smoothly while holding the rpms up.. then woop, she'll stand right up for ya, then it's just a matter of playing with the rear brake and throttle to maintain the BP...
First of all can you please try to reply quicker next time

Sure sounds easy but so do power wheelies and I suck at them too.[&o] Guess I just need to practice. I will try the clutch up next time out and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Old 05-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

The first souple of times, it will scare the hell out of you.... cause the bike will get pretty high....

Power wheelies are fun but tough to do on my 10...I'll exit a corner around 6,000 rpm or so and gun it, and the rear tire just breaks loose and starts spinning... my old yamaha, that thing would do some serious power wheelies!! I need a stickier tire.. the dunlops just don't grip good enough.. [:@]

Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

On my liter bike off the corner hard it will rise, feels good too

Quick Reply: ? for anybody that can wheelie