Akrapovic exhaust full system...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Default Akrapovic exhaust full system...

If I order the Akrapovic full system do the pipes still have cats in them? Where are the cats and how can I remove the cats? Has anyone used this system before and Will have this system without cats be REALLY loud? Thank You

Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Akrapovic exhaust full system...

I have a full system and it is wide open. The sound is great, at idle it's not that loud but under power it's very nice.
Enjoy your new pipe bro.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:40 AM

Hey what do u mean by wide open no mufflers, baffles, cats, etc.? Im just planning on my next bike

Old 12-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

There is little restriction in a full system. When the pipe is off you can drop a golf ball through it and when you look into the header, it is clear.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:05 AM

Ok so I should go with the open version right?
Do headers change a lot on a bike?

Old 12-23-2005, 07:30 AM

that is a controversial topic, but what is agreed upon is that a power commander is absolutely required with a full open system given that a replacement air filter is to be used as well

Old 12-23-2005, 08:09 AM

The main reason that I want the full system is 10% about speed because a bike is fast. Power gain does not really bother me much but I want the aggressive sound that a sportbike can make. I want the bike to sound crazy... maybe straight piped? My car is straight piped and it is loud as a ****, well it has a straight through resonator thats about it.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

A Full system needs a PC with or with out the filter change. If you want loud you may want to consider Two Brothers or D&D I think they are the loudest. The Akrapovic is loud when wide open but more of a low rumble while idle and slow acceleration.

The HP gain is there for the top end but you will lose the low and the middle. I would recommend just for sound to get a slip on, you do not need the PC, the bike sounds great and you do not loose any low or mid range power. Shoot the bikes are fast enough out the box. JMO

Old 12-24-2005, 01:41 AM

I want to get a full system not just the slip on. I heard D&D and two brothers aren't as good as other brands such as akrapovic, yosh, etc. Can you tell me little about those two brands?

Old 12-24-2005, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

you're paying for a name with yosh IMO i think they sound like crap as well. but thats just me.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic exhaust full system...